• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Imagine......

Lol i would imagine if forum members are running oakley, they would be making the coolest glasses on earth but company would prob be loss making hahahaha.

We would hire the best watch makers in the world. We will let them make oakley watches that will not only be the coolest looking watches ever built but at the same time compete with the performace/built of lets say rolex or breitling....

We would hire the best watch makers in the world. We will let them make oakley watches that will not only be the coolest looking watches ever built but at the same time compete with the performace/built of lets say rolex or breitling....
If we hired the best watchmakers in the world, we wouldn't be aiming at Rolex and Breitling, we'd be going after the likes of Patek Philippe and Audemars Piguet. And we'd probably still fail because the Swiss watch industry is notoriously conservative - if you weren't founded in the 19th century, forget it. Personally, I would focus on sunglasses and goggles and probably drop the watches altogether, it's hard to be regarded as anything more than a "fashion" brand in the watch world when your main line of business is something else. Montblanc are doing a good job of it though, so not impossible.

I would reinstate production of the Juliet and outsource the casting - no need to own the means of production ourselves. Alongside the regular titanium line, I would experiment with other metals as special editions at a premium price. And periodically release limited editions of the other metals for a limited time.

Can't just look backwards though, so new models would also come out, in metals and in o-matter. I'd try to rationalise the lines a bit so we didn't have models competing head to head as much as now, but make allowance for different head sizes (maybe we need a special Q range... :) ).

Hey Washi this has been done. Check out Urwerk watches.

The coolest stuff would end up getting realeased again but........

Everyone would get fired pretty quick. ;)

since we cut lenses for prescription orders anyway, lets cut non-prescription lenses too for those vintage frames? and while we're at it, offer optional etching for these lenses as well. I know the custom program already has this etching option. maybe charge a little more than the lenses for current models

as much as I love the old xmetal line, i don't want to see them re-made. that time is over. we would take what was great about them (ie, xmetal alloy) and use it on new cutting edge designs.

Latest Posts

Back