• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Import and export taxes from Australia to USA/EUROPE/CANADA?

Jase_nz

I should Work at Oakley
Australia
Hi guys I have a question regarding fees you have to pay from customs/tax etc.? I have a couple XX X-Metals, etc. to trade or sell and was wondering if you have to pay an import tax in your country and how best to avoid such occurrences. I know on eBay now anything we bring into Australia from overseas has an import tax on it of about 10%.

From Australia to US, I think you are good up to $2500. I had something shipped at $1500 insured and no tax this way. I think the other way is 10%...sometimes 20%. @cacatman
yeah I know last thing I buy using paypal from china charged me a second separate fee "Low value import fee" of about 10% it really makes Ebay not worth it by the time you add on the GST Tax, and Paypal fees for selling

yeah I know last thing I buy using paypal from china charged me a second separate fee "Low value import fee" of about 10% it really makes Ebay not worth it by the time you add on the GST Tax, and Paypal fees for selling
my eBay purchasing has gone waaay down now that they charge sales tax...they’ve gotta be hurting.

my eBay purchasing has gone waaay down now that they charge sales tax...they’ve gotta be hurting.
I sold a pair of juliets on there NIB as they gave me an offer of $1.10 final value fee. What they didn't tell me was the $70 of other fees and taxes between myself and the buyer. Never again!

I sold a pair of juliets on there NIB as they gave me an offer of $1.10 final value fee. What they didn't tell me was the $70 of other fees and taxes between myself and the buyer. Never again!
You just have to eat it, unfortunately. The new laws may make it tough for Australia Post. My local post office in Adelaide said that the rise of eBay trading with parcels and tracking saved their bacon, and kept postage prices from being too outrageous. But now, they will just be reliant on national trading.

From Australia to US, I think you are good up to $2500. I had something shipped at $1500 insured and no tax this way. I think the other way is 10%...sometimes 20%. @cacatman
I knew about the 10%, but 20%?? That’s horrible.

You just have to eat it, unfortunately. The new laws may make it tough for Australia Post. My local post office in Adelaide said that the rise of eBay trading with parcels and tracking saved their bacon, and kept postage prices from being too outrageous. But now, they will just be reliant on national trading.

I knew about the 10%, but 20%?? That’s horrible.
That sucks! In that case keep an eye out on FB market for a couple xx 😪 unless I ship them as $2 foakleys 🤣🤣

That sucks! In that case keep an eye out on FB market for a couple xx 😪 unless I ship them as $2 foakleys 🤣🤣
Always check cashconverters and Gumtree. I’ve got some fantastic bargains off cashies. And if you call them directly, you can often negotiate a 15% better price than the listed price. It’s very secure. Just be aware, that they don’t always describe them obsessively the way they describe them here.

Back