• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IMPORTANT! …..Beware Of Customized Oakley Products! No Matter Whom It’s From

Status
Not open for further replies.
the_owl said:
your grammar has me believing you are huffing and puffing and hoping people will believe your bluff.

So this is your sock puppet account; which is your regular account?

Oakleyboss could answer that

This is someone on the inside at Oakley riding their high horse warning "someone" of their wrong doings.

rubyx - are you involved directly with Oakley? Employed or otherwise linked?

You seem to have a message of doom and gloom, all based around how exclusive something Oakley made is, and what it's worth due to that limited/rare/exclusive nature.

If you're making this public then make it public. "Somebody is doing something that could be potentially bad" is an odd way to start a discussion, especially since you seem to have drawn many conclusions yourself and are writing this more as a PSA than a discussion.

Your thread title tells us to beware, and the general tone sounds like you want everything coming out of Oakley to remain 100% the way it left the factory, no paint, no lens swaps, no modifying at all. Am I right?

Your thread title tells us to beware, and the general tone sounds like you want everything coming out of Oakley to remain 100% the way it left the factory, no paint, no lens swaps, no modifying at all. Am I right?

I'm not sure why people keep asking for clarification on this point when he clearly posted that he wasn't concerned with people modifying their glasses...

Now……customizing Oakley sunglasses is not something I am personally opposed to

Let me clarify as well. I too like to customize my own stuff from time to time but that is for my personal use, like many of you advocate. I am referring to people doing this and selling for profit. if they are not selling for a profit more power to them but I doubt they are doing this for free. There are some major points here people should really think about. I am not going to be specific to whom these people are…..but if there was no wrong doing this thread would not even exist. Down below are a few issues I am speaking of:

I'm not sure why people keep asking for clarification on this point when he clearly posted that he wasn't concerned with people modifying their glasses...

Right, for individual use, a little tinkering here and there. Then he turns 180 and says if he had something made that copied the design, or somehow threatened the exclusivity of an Oakley product it would be devaluing the original, whether intentionally or not. He said certain colors are meant to not be on certain pairs, so should I take that to mean he doesn't think I should paint my own stuff?

And he's not being very clear as to whether he's talking about people selling mods, or people selling custom sets (inspired by Oakley designs or otherwise), or people selling lenses they cut down for another frame, or people making direct copies and selling them as genuine, or people doing mods like Water Transfer and making profit off of that.

He's trying to be vague, and to me it's not clear what he's saying.

Agreed, its seems people are fishing for info for sure. I don't know about being vague though so maybe I mean the guy wrote 2 pages of information...LOL!

Rustpot said:
I'm not fishing, I'll ask direct questions.

Is this in regard to Dr Chop making Infinite Hero and Jupiter Camo style pairs? Oakley knows about them, he made sure of that.

Yea. He posts them on their Facebook wall even

Let's compare apples to oranges for a moment and see if this helps clear things up.... I just bought a Corvette, regular C6, nothing fancy. I pop on a few Z06 badges and then pawn it off on some unsuspecting guy (for a nice profit) who won't notice the missing couple hundred horsepower. I've taken advantage of the exclusivity generated by portraying the car as a Z06 and made money off its inflated worth. I think that's what he's getting at.

hearno said:
Let's compare apples to oranges for a moment and see if this helps clear things up.... I just bought a Corvette, regular C6, nothing fancy. I pop on a few Z06 badges and then pawn it off on some unsuspecting guy (for a nice profit) who won't notice the missing couple hundred horsepower. I've taken advantage of the exclusivity generated by portraying the car as a Z06 and made money off its inflated worth. I think that's what he's getting at.

But I don't see anyone doing that here. Really the only person who does stuff like that is chop and that's not what he does at all. You know what you're buying if you buy from him

But I don't see anyone doing that here. Really the only person who does stuff like that is chop and that's not what he does at all. You know what you're buying if you buy from him

I totally agree with qtrain Dr. Chop is as straight forward as they come when it comes to his custom stuff, (which is all awesome work) and even if he does make a few dollars for his paint work on a pair or to cut some lenses there is nothing wrong with that! You wouldn't expect someone to paint you house or your car for free, would u??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back