• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IMPORTANT! …..Beware Of Customized Oakley Products! No Matter Whom It’s From

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you, I'm just trying to help interpret what he's saying. I would agree that it's wrong to have that happen but I haven't seen it. This forum has a bunch of great members that go out of their way to be fair to each other.

If anything Chop's making an SS Corvette, since it's a trim for that model that's not available at retail, and anyone would know that's not what it is.

What ruby is talking about is... exclusivity? I'm mostly confused. If people are making profit from misrepresenting their items then by all means call them out so we know what's up and we can avoid them. If he's talking about the Jupiter Camo Frogskin now losing some of it's exclusivity because Chop made a Jupiter Camo-inspired Radar... well I see that as Oakley's loss. They know people want it, they know people want more of everything, and they don't/won't make it. Obviously they can't make every theme and special edition available for every frame, I get that.

I'd be more concerned with people making fake C-Six, Pit Boss, and Juliet pairs that devalue the brand and dilute the market over a guy in a garage popping out a couple one-offs.

Plus if you really want to "warn" people about the people who are doing this than y not tell us who it is because until I see some real proof then this is all just blah blah blah!

Lets be even more clear. I am NOT from OAKLEY, I am not accusing or singling out any individual here. I am only making people aware, I do know that this is happening from what I have seen personally. I have seen it and I am informing others to beware. What do I have to gain from posting information that would help people make up their own minds and become more informed. I am only bringing attention to a trend in order to have more informed buyers and sellers.

If anything Chop's making an SS Corvette, since it's a trim for that model that's not available at retail, and anyone would know that's not what it is.

What ruby is talking about is... exclusivity? I'm mostly confused. If people are making profit from misrepresenting their items then by all means call them out so we know what's up and we can avoid them. If he's talking about the Jupiter Camo Frogskin now losing some of it's exclusivity because Chop made a Jupiter Camo-inspired Radar... well I see that as Oakley's loss. They know people want it, they know people want more of everything, and they don't/won't make it. Obviously they can't make every theme and special edition available for every frame, I get that.

I'd be more concerned with people making fake C-Six, Pit Boss, and Juliet pairs that devalue the brand and dilute the market over a guy in a garage popping out a couple one-offs.

With the quality of some fakes out now, theres no doubt in my mind that there are people who will wear the fake to get the image at a discount (non of us obviously). That has to be more harmful to Oakley than somebody doing some custom work. And as collectors we want it all...so chances are if we are willing to pay xxx amount of dollars for a jupiter camo themed pair, chances are we already bought all or almost all of what Oakley offered in that "color scheme" so what is Oakley really losing out on? Its also interesting that rubyx keeps talking about wanting to protect the collector when it seems the majority of "us," the collector, are just fine with it. He also talks about hurting the value of limited pairs but with how limited the custom pairs are his "supply and demand" arguments arnt really relavant. Its not like the market is being flooded with these pairs

Lets be even more clear. I am NOT from OAKLEY, I am not accusing or singling out any individual here. I am only making people aware, I do know that this is happening from what I have seen. I have seen it and I am informing others to beware. What do I have to gain from posting information that would help people make up their own minds and become more informed. I am only bringing attention to a trend in order to have more informed buyers and sellers.

What is happening? You're not providing any real information.

With the quality of some fakes out now, theres no doubt in my mind that there are people who will wear the fake to get the image at a discount (non of us obviously). That has to be more harmful to Oakley than somebody doing some custom work. And as collectors we want it all...so chances are if we are willing to pay xxx amount of dollars for a jupiter camo themed pair, chances are we already bought all or almost all of what Oakley offered in that "color scheme" so what is Oakley really losing out on? Its also interesting that rubyx keeps talking about wanting to protect the collector when it seems the majority of "us," the collector, are just fine with it. He also talks about hurting the value of limited pairs but with how limited the custom pairs are his "supply and demand" arguments arnt really relavant. Its not like the market is being flooded with these pairs

Oakley is losing potential sales. People collect sets, and they collect 'exclusive' pairs. There is a point of diminishing returns when everything becomes limited nothing truly is, but Oakley could very easily capitalize on some additional 'exclusive' lines like the Infinite Hero and Live Strong.

Look people.....I do have examples, you can bet your ass that I am telling the truth but it benefits no-one to call them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back