• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

In-wall display case value?

THISGUY25

Oakley Expert
Illinois, USA
Hey all, was wondering if there was any interest for an in wall display case? I don't see them very often so I have no idea of the value. Not necessarily looking to unload it at the moment but just curious. This particular in-wall case was acquired from the Oakley Vault in Chicago/Aurora back when they did a renovation in about 2008.
20180504_112646.jpg

That’s a Stretchline, but with a different “O” than I’ve ever seen.

It’s an in wall as OP says. The vaults use them IN wall usually behind the cash register/counter on either sides. Nice rare cases. Value depends on what you’re willing to spend and location. Nevertheless I’d snag that baby in a heartbeat

Hey all, was wondering if there was any interest for an in wall display case? I don't see them very often so I have no idea of the value. Not necessarily looking to unload it at the moment but just curious. This particular in-wall case was acquired from the Oakley Vault in Chicago/Aurora back when they did a renovation in about 2008. View attachment 470580
I'd say value would be about $400-500 to the right person. Here's my reasoning - Although it is rare and unusual, it only has limited "application" for it to look good as part of a display. It has no storage underneath either.

It’s an in wall as OP says. The vaults use them IN wall usually behind the cash register/counter on either sides. Nice rare cases. Value depends on what you’re willing to spend and location. Nevertheless I’d snag that baby in a heartbeat

You are correct. They were right behind the register. I can verify this because I was working there at the time these came out of the walls. The "O" was just a metal "O" sticker that Oakley sells that we slapped on each one because it looked cool. It is removable.

Back