• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Inbox Full

dallious

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Arizona
Been trying to start new conversation with a member and keeps saying my inbox is full and i remove 50 messages and try again and inbox still full, did this for 30 mins and still inbox full, wants me to upgrade, so i take it 10 messages left in inbox and says inbox still full, so unless i upgrade i can not start new conversation, that sucks

i see now, you can only have 40 messages, i am down to 37 and still can not post new conversation, why now inbox full, have the same messages in inbox for past 10 months and now will have to start having email conversations I guess

It's now limited to 40 conversations, which can have multiple replies in them (they act like individual threads now). You old messages count as a conversation each, so if your inbox shows more than 40 items you need to keep removing them.

Edit:
Or pony up for a premium membership.

I set it to 40 because like rustpost said it includes multiple messages, so I can have 40 different conversations going at once, with multiple recipeients and multiple messages. Its actually a lot of messages.

It is odd that it isn't updating when you delete messages. You are deleting messages by "Leaving" the conversation correct? And does it show less on the percent bar in your Inbox? or does it remain the same amount. I would like to solve this asap, so you guys can send messages.

Here is a little guide on deleted messages. When I tried it, it showed it going down on the status bar, so it should work.

So when you are in your inbox check the box next to the conversations you want to "Leave" or delete:
screenshot20130420at307.png

Once you do this a bar will pop up with a "Leave Conversation" button

Then this window will pop up. You can either opt to accept messages from this conversation in the future, meaning if someone replies it will reopen the conversaiton, or ignore it meaning they will have to start a new conversation.
screenshot20130420at307.png

Once you click the leave conversation button, you should see your total decrease in the status bar and indicate whether you have room or not. If you are trying to send to a member who has a full inbox, you will be unable.

I set it to 40 because like rustpost said it includes multiple messages, so I can have 40 different conversations going at once, with multiple recipeients and multiple messages. Its actually a lot of messages.

It is odd that it isn't updating when you delete messages. You are deleting messages by "Leaving" the conversation correct? And does it show less on the percent bar in your Inbox? or does it remain the same amount. I would like to solve this asap, so you guys can send messages.
I just did this myself. I had probably 200 messages just floating in my inbox before the 3.0 conversion. Messaging was fine until last night when I tried to start a conversation and it told me my inbox was full. I removed 50 messages and got the same error.

I then removed more and more until it was everything except for my recent conversations and it allowed me to start the new convo no problem.