• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Incandescent To LED Swap In Mega Tower

xmetalmaniac

Made of Metal
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Florida
Has anyone changed out the M11 halogen lighting in a mega tower yet? I was considering pulling all 4 of my M11 halogens out and replacing them with 4, 33 count LED flood bulbs. I am wanting to decrease the heat that it gives off. Also I was considering replacing the fluorescent tube in the top which lights the word OAKLEY with color changing LED,s. any other ideas welcome.

Uhhh. Would that be 2 chainz. Lol. Let me guess......

U got it...

esq-2-chainz-081412-xlg.jpg

:lol:

Yes I have done it. The 20watt x 4 = 80 watt which is in the range of the factory driver/transformer. You can replace any 12volt with LED bulbs as long as you are close to this wattage. Replacing the florescent is a bit more labor intensive but the Chinese transformers are absolute junk, defective is a better word. LED's still get hot so I would recommend 9 watt LEDs and replacing the existing driver so you cut in half your power output, this also cuts heat on the top of the unit as better drivers don't even heat up so the top of the case will also be cooler.

Back