• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Incoming From The Bay - Vintage Zero

Coolluke

Oakley Beginner
I don't know about you guys, but the section at SGH in my town bores me to tears. So many black frames and black and grey lenses-YAWN
If it were not for the Holbrooks and Gas cans there would be no color at all. I was wearing my new Juliets, they really liked them.......they had no idea what they were but they liked them. Anyway, I browsed for a little while but nothing was really interesting to me.

So I decided to check out ebay to find something vintage and colorful-these are incoming-What do you guys think?
SaintsFan4's Photostream

Thats what I'm told-every now and then one comes up, but there is always lenses damage-this one is pretty sharp looking

It was listed as Vintage Zero 0.5 -thanks-I like the color too

thats the 'New 0.4' squared? nice colourway, im not a fan of the squared though (personal preference). but that looks mint! and that planet X frame color.. not something you see everyday now!

Unfortunately thats not the 0.5.. niether is it the 'Vintage" zeros.. not saying its a bad buy though! heres a link to help you identify Zeros...The Oakley Review - Articles

as you can see 0.5's have that extra piece of lens.. the 0.4 were the minimalists, after the 0.1. the 0.7 followed the minimalist approach later on. the others (SubZeroes, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5, 0.6) were very extravagant designs. I own a Vintage 0.4 in glitter gold, they're fantastic glasses! incredibly light! you'll love em

Good to know.....so if I'm reading your article right-these came along around 1996? Is that correct

Latest Posts

Back