• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Indy Pit Boss

Nice. I have gone to Maple Grove a few times, ... & keep promising myself a trip to Old Bridge Township some year ... maybe 2015 ... who knows? But I am definitely going to hit Thunder Valley - Bristol - in 2015.
If you go to Maple Grove or Old Bridge you will meet some interesting people for sure. ;)

If you go to Maple Grove or Old Bridge you will meet some interesting people for sure. ;)

I have been to Maple Grove four times now, ... last time in 2010, first time in 94 when Dunn & Johnson made first side-by-side 300+mph TF pass. Just absolutely insane how nuts the crowd went when they saw the boards at the 1/4 ... back then they filled the place, on both sides, & then some, ... now they hardly fill pit side to 70% capacity.

Still there is absolutely nothing in this world like getting punched in the chest with near 20,000hp by either TF or FC when they drop the hammer & yer in the stands. Almost every time I go I take someone new with me, & the three times since my first, I do not even watch the first run anymore, I watch THEM. I give them no warning about what is going to happen. I feed off watching their visceral reaction(s). Everybody has to go once in their lives.

Last edited:
I have been to Maple Grove four times now, ... last time in 2010, first time in 94 when Dunn & Johnson made first side-by-side 300+mph TF pass. Just absolutely insane how nuts the crowd went when they saw the boards at the 1/4 ... back then they filled the place, on both sides, & then some, ... now they hardly fill pit side to 70% capacity.

Still there is absolutely nothing in this world like getting punched in the chest with near 20,000hp by either TF or FC when they drop the hammer & yer in the stands. Almost every time I go I take someone new with me, & the three times since my first, I do not even watch the first run anymore, I watch THEM. I give them no warning about what is going to happen. I feed of watching there visceral reaction(s). Everybody has to go once in their lives.
Yup....so so true. Imagine how it feels when you stand right behind the cars when they take off. ;)

It is always fun to see someones first experience when they go. I love that too.

Yup....so so true. Imagine how it feels when you stand right behind the cars when they take off. ;)

It is always fun to see someones first experience when they go. I love that too.

Yeah, ... standing along the fence-line at The Grove & the nitro's just sit there at an "idle" & literally just puke out raw fuel into the air ... & the ground. Burns the sh!t out of your eyes & throat.

Yeah, ... standing along the fence-line at The Grove & the nitro's just sit there at an "idle" & literally just puke out raw fuel into the air ... & the ground. Burns the sh!t out of your eyes & throat.
I'm used to the Nitro.....doesn't bother me much most of the time. It's rare that I would shed a tear from it.

Latest Posts

Back