• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Infield or Outfield Prizm for Prescription Baseball Glasses?

Baseball_16

Oakley Beginner
I would like to get my son a pair of prescription Oakleys to wear while he's playing baseball. I was considering the Baseball Prizm line, but not sure whether to get the infield or outfield. He plays in the outfield, pitches, & bats. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to get him a clear lens to use during nighttime play. Do they make a clear lens without any tint?

They make a clear lens, but it's not Prizm or anything like that. You could get a clear rx lens anywhere, doesn't have to be Oakley made.

For the baseball lens, they've actually gone to just one tint now, the outfield. Might be able to find the infield still, but I'd recommend the outfield for your situation. Darker tint. I use it coaching my son's team and it works great for all applications.

I have been able to find both the infield & outfield online. Do they really help pick up the ball or is it more just a regular tinted glass? If it's nothing spectacular, I may be better off getting him the transitions digital lenses.

Back