• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Infinite Hero discussion.

Well I did come in and ask for help with SI. As a last resort and as directed by Oakley to find someone with access. Remember its luxottica now not old school Oakley. All I needed was a lense. I offered to pay full price to Oakley. They directed me to get someone to order from SI so whatever. I wasn't trying to abuse the system

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

No one said you were abusing the system. Just gaming it.

No one said you were abusing the system. Just gaming it.
Curious as to how I'm gaming it if I called Oakley direct for lenses. Their line of Z87 specific pairs, they only sell the lenses through SI.

This is not well said. It is actually taking away from people who put their lives and safety on the line daily in order to get the right to buy from SI. Like I said earlier while someone sitting in a cubical or behind

I would agree if Oakley or lux would have kept it in the SI site, but I’ve seen them selling SI items in the O stores to try to sell more instead of making it exclusive. So as that’s goes it becomes an open market, and if someone wants something badly they can always purchase it off eBay

I would agree if Oakley or lux would have kept it in the SI site, but I’ve seen them selling SI items in the O stores to try to sell more instead of making it exclusive. So as that’s goes it becomes an open market, and if someone wants something badly they can always purchase it off eBay
They have had SI items on the regular site from time to time as well.

Im sorry if i also asked someone with an SI account to buy something for me. The aim is not to get the discount but for a specific item in the SI website. No disrespect to all those who have sacrificed a lot for the sake of freedom and peace.

For the IH PB item being sold, i think he was not trying to make a profit but just "trying to get his money back" . For some reason, i believe that wearing an IH item also honors the veterans and recognizing what they did for the country. Its just that IH themed PB is not originally available or made so making a custom is the way to make one. No disrespect again but to honor the people who have served as an Infinite heroes.

The whole deal with SI is bogus now anyways. Oakley had to change it due to security from government contractors having access with a cac card issued email accounts.
Pretty sure it all went down about the same time as the vault getting shut down.
I've had access to si through certain individuals in the past from having a government email basically. In the past prices were just above store cost. Now there as close to retail to not help that much.
If someone is looking for something from si there shouldn't be an issue with it.
Military and LEO's aren't the only access for the site.

Curious as to how I'm gaming it if I called Oakley direct for lenses. Their line of Z87 specific pairs, they only sell the lenses through SI.

I guess if you want to keep this going I'm up to take the bait. The bottom line is you're one of the people here who feel the rules don't apply to you. As far as the SI stuff goes it doesn't make a difference if you're willing to pay full price or if you're looking to save money out of your pocket the bottom line is it isn't allowed on this site. Now you say you called Oakley and they told you to find someone with SI access? Well last time I checked Oakley didn't run this site and I don't think their permission overrides any forum rules. Well for most of us anyway.

We have seen some of these SI "Order threads" pop up recently either with members asking for a SI member to purchase them items or the other way around. It is against forum rules to post these threads. Standard Issue is designed to give Armed forces, Police Officers, Firefighters etc. a discount that is well deserved. It is not a site that is meant to be exploited by members looking to get cheap Oakleys.

What you do in private is your business, but it is against forum rules to post these mass order threads on the forum. Any further ones will be deleted. If you own an SI pair and are looking to buy/sell/trade them that is fine, but any threads attempting to exploit SI will be deleted.

Admin@OakleyForum.com
Have a Tip? Email us anonymously at Tips@OakleyForum.com
Become a Forum Sponsor
OakleyBoss, 8/14/13ReportBookmark
#1Like

Latest Posts

Back