• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Info Needed, Probation Audi Edition

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
I found a seller down in Mexico that has a set of Probation Polished Black with Warm Grey, now the box and shade look legit, but there is a super weird thing with them. There is an Audi logo etched on the lenses, I've never seen this before, and while the etching looks oem, I have no idea if Oakley ever had a deal or sponsorship with Audi. I even have a pic of the box and the shades, and they look very real.
What do you think? Fakes? Real? and how much would you pay for them, they are mint.
Thanks

upload_2017-7-14_11-46-15.png

upload_2017-7-14_11-46-40.png

upload_2017-7-14_11-47-17.png

upload_2017-7-14_11-47-58.png

I'd seen a Holbrook with Audi logo etching just like what they did with Dodge demon ones.
Yeah, I've seen those before, even ecstuning sold that for vw/audi enthusiasts. (Genuine Volkswagen Audi - ACMAHP219 - Holbrook Sunglasses By Oakley - (NO LONGER AVAILABLE) )
I've seen a tinfoil with the audi logo etched as well (Genuine Volkswagen Audi - ACMAHP242 - Tinfoil Sunglasses By Oakley - (NO LONGER AVAILABLE) )
But I've never seen a probation set with the Audi logo... man I miss O-Review

I've seen several Audi ones but never where the etch is over the polarized etch like that Brook.

So it seems it is possible there were other models with the Audi etching. Any idea what the value of these are? The seller is asking around $130-140 for it, but I have no idea if the Probation is worth it

The boxes seems to be the same as the retail sku. Basically they took a certain colorway and etched those with the Audi logo. No special bag or box. That's what they did for the Dodge Demon, so that's probably what's going on with the Audi.

Value-wise, will probably depends on you if you're really into Audi. I am still trying to get the Holbrook Dodge Demon around $100.

The boxes seems to be the same as the retail sku. Basically they took a certain colorway and etched those with the Audi logo. No special bag or box. That's what they did for the Dodge Demon, so that's probably what's going on with the Audi.

Value-wise, will probably depends on you if you're really into Audi. I am still trying to get the Holbrook Dodge Demon around $100.
Hmmm I see, I like Audi, but I'm not a crazy fan. I just found the shades and thought they would be cool to have, but if I can't really resell them if I ever get bored of them, I think I rather put that money somewhere else.
Thanks for the info Flip!

Back