• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Information for a new guy on Juliets

quad racer

Oakley Beginner
Hello all. Im new to the forum but have had many Oakleys over the years. I have had these Juliets for what seems like forever. They have a serial number on them that is PO84879A. Not sure what if anything that means. They are in desperate need of servicing (fairly wobbly) but I want to learn more so I can get them right again. How do I go about sending them in? Can anyone tell me more about them?

Any help would be appreciated.

That's a serial for a second generation (as denoted by the A) plasma frame. Specifically, with that prefix, a plasma/fire combination.

Where to send them depends on your location.

Thanks guys. After posting I found they were second generation plasma with fire lenses. The original lenses are roached but I still have them. I w ill look into the X-man

Second gen plasma means it's started along the road to becoming the stainless steel-alike finish plasma became in the fourth generation. First gen plasma is quite different, a textured finish, less shiny, that some refer to as a bone finish.

Fire lenses were available from Oakley until recently (and may be available in small numbers again in future), so should be easy enough to source - they are sold on here quite often.

You should be able to get them looking good again relatively easily :)

IMG_0562_zps0louryd5.jpg

IMG_0563_zpso3lyojlr.jpg

IMG_0561_zps04qz2j9p.jpg

they look to be in pretty good shape but obviously not the original fire lenses. I am not sure if you still have the original box and are going to "restore" them to preserve their value or to tighten them up and get them ready for several more years of use. take those factors into consideration before you spend any money on them since you have a lot of options to get these tuned/refinished or customized to perform to your needs. s far as frames are concerned yes the xman would be the best place to send them but check his site for ideas of what you may want to do with these. standard rubbers are available fairly easily still but since they are discontinue they are hit or miss. As far as lenses since they have come out with more options than the original, any of the newer lens colors can be cut for juliets for improved optical functionality. My recommendation is that if you are using them for X purpose, visit your local o store and see what lenses would suffice your needs, def. check out the new prizm line too! while you are there you can source rubbers either in the store or they can check inventory of where the likely source could be. then finally decide on a frame finish if you want to change what you have to match up with your new lenses.

I plan to wear them. I'm guessing I will just get them tightened, new lenses and new rubber. My wife needs a new pair of sunglasses too so that's cutting into my budget haha.

Second gen plasma means it's started along the road to becoming the stainless steel-alike finish plasma became in the fourth generation. First gen plasma is quite different, a textured finish, less shiny, that some refer to as a bone finish.

Fire lenses were available from Oakley until recently (and may be available in small numbers again in future), so should be easy enough to source - they are sold on here quite often.

You should be able to get them looking good again relatively easily :)
hi there,bro you posted something about juliet and its distinguishing marks/serials and which gen they belong to,can't seem to find that thread,thanks

Latest Posts

Back