• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Initial Thoughts On The NEW Display Cases

pennyhoney

Oakley Expert
SF Bay Area
If you haven't been to the O store lately (within the last week and a half), then go and check them out. These new display is not even a case anymore as it is more of a stand. A somewhat pyramid stand if looking from the sides. It is completely open so there is a lot of dusting to do but it is also easy access from almost any angle. The LED lighting strip run on both sides of each shelf so it is pretty bright. The width is no wider than the single Spine tower and it does not tower over an individual even though it carries 5 shelves. The top shelf does not really hold much as there is a big backlit picture frame on the top. There is also no noticeable Oakley branding but there are subtle industrial hints in its over structure and aesthetics. I think my favorite part are the wheels/casters.

There is also a "solo" stand but it didnt really stand out much so I didn't take any pictures but if you look carefully on the very first picture, you will notice on the left.

y8enyma9.jpg

yra5ydyj.jpg

qese7a7y.jpg

e3yvate9.jpg

bu2a9u3a.jpg

I don't personally like it just for the simple fact that its more of a nice shelving system then a case. Plus I prefer too be able to lock my cases when I go on vacations

It's pretty cool. I wouldn't trade my single wide for it, but it looks good. I think that they'll be hard pressed to create a case that is cooler than the aluminum/Lexan cases. I would like to snatch a set of those casters and put them on my single wide.

Thanks for taking pics and sharing.

Lol thats what I thought too. Yea that would be badass if it was an LED screen playing Oakley videos. Or a camera projecting you to the LED screen (mirror effect).

Last edited:
I would not be fond of that at all in my home. In the store it grants you more access though but with no branding which I did like I'm not feeling it either way.

Back