• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Inmate Lens Help

IUSTEVE

I am Jim Jannard...
INDIANA
I recently picked up an Inmate that is in desperate need of lenses. I did a little search looking for replacements with no luck (yet...anyone?) so I dialed up Oakley. The rep told me they have 3 colors (VR28 black irid, grey and dark grey). First thought....Ok cool but then he tells me that Oakley made 2 different versions of the Inmate and that in order for them to get me the correct lens I would need to send my frames into them. First will I for sure get my frames back (I ask because it is discontinued and...hell i dont know) and second....they made 2 versions of the Inmate???? He said they both have the same numbers on them and most people would not be able to tell them apart but they have a slightly different frame curve than one another.

Anyway I could use some thoughts here as I have a few options. I could wait to see a pair of replacements pop up, I could see if there is someone that could cut a set for me assuming there is a donor available for them or I could send them to Oakley in hopes of ever seeing them again.

If I do decide to swap myself I have heard some rumors that these are among the worst lenses to swap out. Anyone have any experience with them?

I'm pretty sure the 2 different pairs the Oakley rep spoke of was just in reference to asian fit and European fit. I queried a lens change when I owned a pair of inmates and was told that I would have to send them to Oakley

I'm pretty sure the 2 different pairs the Oakley rep spoke of was just in reference to asian fit and European fit. I queried a lens change when I owned a pair of inmates and was told that I would have to send them to Oakley
Should I be concerned to go this route? I have heard storied of people never seeing their glasses again but merely offered 25% off a new pair (which is BS I want MY pair).

I can't say that I've ever had any problems with Oakley. Admittedly I did not end up getting new lenses for my pair but I have sent x metals off for repair and some wire pairs that I either received them back as repaired or just a brand new pair. So far Oakley Australia has been pretty good to me

Latest Posts

Back