• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Inmate (Light frame with BIP)

Thanks Q. I hate myself for getting this piece this late in the game. They are really nice and well built that they may actually survive the post apocalyptic world. :cool-33:
I have only one, but I'm glad I bought it... I only wish I paid for polarized, that I'm good.

Sent from Q's Note5

Are there current earsocks that can be modded for replacement. One of the earsocks seem to have this really thin plastic film that is peeling. Is this a normal occurence?

Are there current earsocks that can be modded for replacement. One of the earsocks seem to have this really thin plastic film that is peeling. Is this a normal occurence?

Give HQ a try, I was able to get a few pair from them for next to nothing albeit a couple years back.

As for changing lenses.....good luck!!! This frame was not user friendly and I wouldn't even attempt it. Are the lenses shot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went ahead and looked in my parts bin and found a used pair of R1 earsocks. Slid off the inmate earsocks and found out that the metal underneath is close to R1 stem's thickness. Placed the Inmate earsocks on top of the R1s and chopped of the excess on both ends. And voila! Fresh earsocks! It works in a pinch.

I just like this frame so much that I wanted to have a spare. I like how the "mini" hammerstems look, the square Os molded with the arms, the thickness of the bridge as well as the orbitals and again the stems. The current lenses on it are in excellent condition.

Give HQ a try, I was able to get a few pair from them for next to nothing albeit a couple years back.

As for changing lenses.....good luck!!! This frame was not user friendly and I wouldn't even attempt it. Are the lenses shot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luckily the lenses in my light/ bip that I recently bought are almost prefect, as are the rubbers. Most all other ones looked at over the last 2 months had something that was peeling/ rubbing off on the the ear rubbers. I didn't want to deal with replacing anything on these.

Back