• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Insight On This Case?

Mr X Metal

Oakley Expert
Can anyone give me an idea of a value on this case? I have never seen one before. I don't think it's rare or anything, but I do like the size and setup of it. What would be a fair price to pay for this case?

image.jpg

Looks like a countertop with custom insides ... Logo at the bottom looks different... Photo quality is dodgy on my phone

The quality of the original photo is pretty terrible in general. I'm gonna go look at it next week. But I wanted to be prepared as far as price. He won't negotiate over the phone so I want to be more educated upon arrival. I know that it's roughly 28in tall and 16in wide. It holds 20 pairs of glasses.

That's pretty much a counter top... The insides are from another display type... Normally there are two acrylic/plexi shelves on the inside...

Mine holds more than 20 with stands

So it's basically a Frankencase? That's disappointing. It still looks nice. But he's asking $300 for it and I'm starting to think it's way overpriced

That's a cool counter top case, that's a great pick up, I would say a good price would be 100 too 250. Unless they go off eBay pricing, then they will ask 200 to 800.

Ask for better pictures... Ask if he has the shelves and if the lock works...

And it looks like the 'insert' if from another style of case...but it looks oakley regardless ...what sucks it's the weird logo at the bottom... It's most likely removable but will it leave a mark is what concerns me ... 200-250 US MAX!

So it's basically a Frankencase? That's disappointing. It still looks nice. But he's asking $300 for it and I'm starting to think it's way overpriced

Actually it is an official case, I've seen several of these cases. It's rotating case, like the watch cases and jewelry cases. Just done bigger!!! ;)

Actually it is an official case, I've seen several of these cases. It's rotating case, like the watch cases and jewelry cases. Just done bigger!!! ;)
Thanks. So the "insert", as described by Lex, is supposed to be there rather than shelves? He just messaged me and said that the door functions and locks and he DOES have the keys. He is also willing to throw in a pair of half jacket 2.0(pol white a/violet), a pair of thumps with the original case and packaging, and 5 other random discontinued styles. He sent pictures but I can't tell what most of them are. They look older. He's willing to deal the whole lot for $300. I'm not really interested in those glasses specifically. But it's an enticing deal regardless.

Back