• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Installing Radarlock Lens Question

Tim7

Oakley Beginner
Received a pair of Radarlock Path today, the problem after I remove the lens and try to put it back the frames the glasses sit on my face crooked tilted to the left side. What am I doing wrong, thought it would be much easier than this. Need some help am getting a bit frustrated at this point. Without the lens in it sits fine.
Did I ruin something. Watched a video on YouTube.

Thanks,
Tim

hhmmm, that's a tricky question - never had that happen with either of my Radar and RadarLock frames...

Ended up putting the right side in first then the left side, lock and then put the center in, then the nosepiece.
Was not getting a good position on the locking side. Any other suggestions would help.

Thanks,

You are not putting the hook in correctly on the side that doesn't have the lock. I bet when you snap the nosepiece in it isn't perfectly straight?

Take them out and try installing again.

Snap the lens in at the nose bridge before you lock the lens in.

Technically you can do it either way: lock or nose before one another. Going lock first isn't really going to induce that much stress on the lens. It, as well as the o-matter capable of way more deflection.

Other note for the thread is sometimes Radarlock lenses do come out of spec at the tabs. You can just sand down appropriately, but be careful.

Slide the left corner of the lens (the non locking side) along the groove of the frame and it should sit flush against the frame. Then go along the groove and put the lens inside the frame. Snap the lock on the lens and put the nose bridge back on the frame.

Back