• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

installing walleva lenses romeo 2 issue

kuraptedmind

Oakley Beginner
Hello O Bro.

can anyone help me how to install the walleva lenses to romeo 2?

tried to installed using this 2 method

- its not working

- tried this one and I notice that it has a lot of material (check the attachment images)

this is my 2nd romeo 2 lenses from walleva the 1st one it has the same problem and walleva offered me to send me a new set of lenses but they send a wrong one (juliet) so i told them that im just gonna keep the juliet lenses and just order a new set of romeo 2 lenses. But im still getting the same fitting issue with the new set but different color.

thanks in advance

IMG_2754.JPG

IMG_2753.JPG

Aftermarket lenses don't always fit right from what I've seen. Do your old lenses fit ok?

yeah the oem lenses has no any problem

I have the same problem with walleva juliet lenses but after they send a new lenses it fit perfect without any movement. I thought its the same issue with the romeo 2

thanks

Yep just keep on them and make them make it right.

On a side note, have you looked at Linegear? I can't speak on their lenses but I can assure you that any issues you have will be resolved quickly. Kimsan is a very active and well respected member here. I haven't heard of anyone having problems with their R2 lenses.

Oh @Jmgarcia may be able to help. He likes R2s and uses Linegear products.

On a side note, have you looked at Linegear? I can't speak on their lenses but I can assure you that any issues you have will be resolved quickly. Kimsan is a very active and well respected member here. I haven't heard of anyone having problems with their R2 lenses.

You know me so well @SiRacer420 ;) Funny you should tag me on this as I was having a similar issue with after market lenses.

@kuraptedmind so I installed a set of linegear lenses last night on my R2 and they went on flawless they come highly recommended by the way. Don't let the price scare you... you get what you pay for.

As far as walleva I've never used their lenses however I'm running into the same issue with a pair of revant lenses I recently purchased. The left lens (as you wear it) went on without a hitch but the right one wasn't cut right so there is extra material left in the tab where the screw secures the lens. The top of the lens slides right in but I cannot shift the left to make room for the orbital screw to catch. I've tried forcing it and bending the lens alittle and nothing you can try and modify the tab on your own using a dremel or some sand paper but I'm sure they won't accept the lens once you've messed with it.

I emailed revant and see what they want to do about it but I'm already annoyed at the fact that I have to wait for a reply/possible replacement. So be honest reguardless of the outcome I think I'm going to stick with either line-gear or OEM when it comes to R2.

Sorry I should have looked at your pictures first but it looks like we have the same issue. When you look into that small orbital hole you shouldn't see any lens material if you do (based on your pictures) the screw won't be able to seat right and secure to the frame.

Linegear R2 lenses are highly recommended and I've never had the slightest issue with fitting. They are well worth their cost. Only thing better would be OEM but good luck finding any. Trash the Walleva and order Linegear. You won't be disappointed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeah saw linegear have a R2 lenses too, but its kinda expensive so i tried walleva 1st hehe. Im only using the walleva lenses while riding motorcycle

thanks for respond ;)

You know me so well @SiRacer420 ;) Funny you should tag me on this as I was having a similar issue with after market lenses.

@kuraptedmind so I installed a set of linegear lenses last night on my R2 and they went on flawless they come highly recommended by the way. Don't let the price scare you... you get what you pay for.

As far as walleva I've never used their lenses however I'm running into the same issue with a pair of revant lenses I recently purchased. The left lens (as you wear it) went on without a hitch but the right one wasn't cut right so there is extra material left in the tab where the screw secures the lens. The top of the lens slides right in but I cannot shift the left to make room for the orbital screw to catch. I've tried forcing it and bending the lens alittle and nothing you can try and modify the tab on your own using a dremel or some sand paper but I'm sure they won't accept the lens once you've messed with it.

I emailed revant and see what they want to do about it but I'm already annoyed at the fact that I have to wait for a reply/possible replacement. So be honest reguardless of the outcome I think I'm going to stick with either line-gear or OEM when it comes to R2.

@Jmgarcia thanks a lot for the input. Ok noted :). I need to start saving to get the linegear lenses

Latest Posts

Back