• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Insurance

Oakle y

Something Something Darkside
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Alberta, Canada
This question is directed to those people with quite extensive and expensive collections. What do you guys have for insurance on your collections, just home owners insurance do you have specific items appraised for replacement value?

I've been thinking about replacement value of the collection and how one would determine that as there are some pairs that are becoming nearly impossible to get a hold of.

Get in touch with your insurance company. Depending on how significant of a value you place may affect if you need to inform them. Have everything well documented with photographs and receipts should help if something were to happen .

I was just thinking about this as well and after searching found this older thread so..

I was curious as to how people insure their collections as well. In today's market value it doesn't even have to be a real large collection. My collection sits at about 22 with a couple more coming next week. So if you average $400 a pair, a little high on a couple pair but very low on several others I'm looking at over $10,000 with cases and display items. And the values seem to be going up daily.

...gotta love the archives :)

...'stated value' is the best approach IMO, as that can be X$s today and X+Y$'s next month, just takes a call to your insurance company.

Back