• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Interested in Creating an Oakley SIZE Spreadsheet - Anyone want to help?

Yo Flawch!

Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NJ, USA
I've been struggling with this for quite sometime, and I think I'm ready to take on this project. Let me preface this by saying that I love O-Review, and look at the website almost everyday. However it does not have this information, as least not accessible to me, in one organized section.

I would like to create an Excel Spreadsheet with size specs for as many Oakley sunglasses and Rx frames as possible.

I would want to have the following information for each model

1) Name of the Glasses/Frame (like Gascan S)
2) Model Number (like OO9174-01)
3) Temple Size (like 137mm)
4) Lens Width (like 55mm)
5) Lens Height (like 33mm)
6) Bridge Width (like 18mm)
7) Base Curve (like 8.75)

At this point, I don't think I want to include Asian Fit, but could add it later if necessary.

I like the idea of a spreadsheet, because then it can be sorted alphabetically by model, or numerically by any of the sizes.

So this is why I'm starting this thread...

Is anyone else interested in this? If so, are you willing to contribute size information about various Oakley models? If so, I would need your source of the information, such as a picture from an Oakley box, or a website link, or any documentation I could corroborate.

Let me know if you're interested in helping, and also let me know if there are any SIZE-RELATED specifications I'm missing, or you think should be added.

One of the problems you will encounter is pre Lux Oakley did not offer sizing information nor was it printed on the frames like it is today, nor was it even mentioned in the vast majority of their catalogs. Some of the dealer info would have it but that is become difficult to obtain. I suppose you can hand measure it by yourself, but that technique doesn’t always yield the most accurate results. Other than that warning best of luck in your quest.

This sounds like a job for @cacatman!
Thanks for the mention, but no way. Go for it! @Matt Flacche.

Some frame sizes are here...

I have this issue too--i wan to purchase many older models but without trying it on how can i compare?

I think people should name the details of models that fit them perfectly---then we can get certain styles and sizes that fit certain heads!

Back