• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Interesting x- Metal Predicament to be in....

Ry.1982

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
I have a fairly large quantity of X-metal frames that I am looking to sell.(over 100). I'm not posting in the for sale section right now because I am not quite sure that I can support the time and effort to sell them piece by piece. Another issue that presents itself, is my affinity towards customizing frames. Most of what I have is not complete, but is in great shape. This I can imagine would deter fellow collectors that prefer mint complete type pieces.

So, by posting here I hope to possibly receive some advise from fellow forum members with large collections of how they would go about selling a substantial portion of their collection when the time arose.

Thanks in advance.

Never sold more than 3 pairs at the time, but I'd suggest a thread per model with its different versions. Let's say you are selling 30 Juliets, I'd list each one with a very brief description, take a few pics of all the frames togeyther, and then tell whoever is interested to send you a pm. You can then deal with each person and explain the details of the version they're interested in.
After you're done selling the majority of Juliets, go for Pennys, then XXs, and so on. That's the way I'd do it, hope it helps

I kind of agreen with @Fresh , however I noticed several people offloading their colections in the last 6 months and have observed some issues.

1. Be realistic with the price or even use an auction (just saw a Juliet go for way more than I expected on ebay). I guess if you use the forum there is likely to be more haggling privately so this may level out.

2. Don't overload the market. A few at a time. Recently as mentioned above there seems to be a glut of frames on ebay. This distorts the pricing as there are many options.

3. Good descriptions and photos are a must.

4. Just to re-iterate Fresh, I like his proposal.

I like nice pairs I can wear, so if the pricing is good I'd be interested. There are more than just matching bnib collectors here.

Thanks guys. I understand pricing very well. It all comes down to time and money. I personally didn't get into Oakley collecting assuming everything i bought would generate the same price when/if I sell it. Selling in bulk saves a lot of time, but obviously does not result in making the max amount. I guess it might all just be a matter of what I am willing to accept, and how long it takes to get to that point.

Latest Posts

Back