• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

International Prices

Well hopefully you can make contacts here in the US and have them shipped to you, I do this for a few friends in Europe and Asia from time to time and they do the same for me if it is a UK or Japan release only. I dont mind doing it as long as they front me the money through Paypal... If you want to contact me and let me know what your looking for, I can look for it and let you know the price I can get it for. If you want to buy after that we can arrange it through Paypal...

As stated by several others, a lot of the pricing has to do with Taxes.

In China, there is an immediate 100% minimum import tax on luxury goods.

Go anywhere Oakley's are sold (or any other glasses or luxury product for that matter) and you're immediately paying double US MSRP.

This also goes for anything from LV, Chanel, Gucci, Prada, Feragamo, etc. That's why lots of Chinese folks (the wealthier ones) stock up on stuff when they vacation in the US and in Canada. It also helps explains why there's so many fakes in China.

Crazier than this is the fact that people routinely pay 2x or more MSRP, for Porsche, BMW, Masarati, Ferrari, etc. if the cars are produced outside the mainland. And there is VERY LITTLE auto financing. It's all cash transactions. Crazy stuff.

Id' say stick with the Ebay route Or, as I do for expats (or local nationals) in SE Asia and China, turn to a surrogate buyer if shipping becomes an issue. I routinely purchase all kinds of things for my clients in Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Japan, and China and ship it to them. EVen with USPS express shipping, a lot of stuff ends up cheaper than when purchased "in country".

D

d

Latest Posts

Back