• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Intro and Badman Nose Piece

Adonis

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone. I have been a longtime lurker but decided I should join the forum to enjoy the conversations. Hope to purchase some gems I am looking for, like the vast majority of Noobs (I prefer FNG's) that come here and immediately attempt to PM. Vivid memories of my first pair and the ones I'd stare at in the locked glass case at 16.

I have looked here for hours and hours and learned of many solutions to the nose piece caveat. Is there a solution I have not seen without just buying the Asia Fit as opposed to Standard?

Hello everyone. I have been a longtime lurker but decided I should join the forum to enjoy the conversations. Hope to purchase some gems I am looking for, like the vast majority of Noobs (I prefer FNG's) that come here and immediately attempt to PM. Vivid memories of my first pair and the ones I'd stare at in the locked glass case at 16.

I have looked here for hours and hours and learned of many solutions to the nose piece caveat. Is there a solution I have not seen without just buying the Asia Fit as opposed to Standard?
The Asian Fit suit me better. But, I like the lense size of the standard. To solve the problem, I just sent the nose pieces inward on the standard ones. Fit me fine now.

Thanks Doug I think I may have a better solution. I recently picked up 3 pairs including the Ferrari Edition from one of the company retail stores for $199 each plus 30% off for F&F. After explaining the issues, the store manager called one of his contacts at the home office and they sent out some Asia Fit nose pieces that he said will fit the Standard Fit.

A longer story shorter, I am taking them into his store where they have a dedicated optician on staff and he is switching them out. I will report back because I also like the SF design much more.

Last edited:
You don't need an optician, they just pull off and push on.

Really? Damn. Well I didn't have any luck removing the regular ones and none of the stores would get me the Asia Fit NP until I spoke to that store. So if they think they are the only ones to do it, fine by me :) The girl I spoke to, I gave a wish list with what I wanted including a BNIB Pit Boss 1 in 3 different ones I want. She called me back in less than an hour and said she may have one from a collector who would bring it in next week. She's a keeper lol

Really? Damn. Well I didn't have any luck removing the regular ones and none of the stores would get me the Asia Fit NP until I spoke to that store. So if they think they are the only ones to do it, fine by me :) The girl I spoke to, I gave a wish list with what I wanted including a BNIB Pit Boss 1 in 3 different ones I want. She called me back in less than an hour and said she may have one from a collector who would bring it in next week. She's a keeper lol
Welcome to the forum and congrats

The Asian Fit suit me better. But, I like the lense size of the standard. To solve the problem, I just sent the nose pieces inward on the standard ones. Fit me fine now.
Welcome @Adonis

@SecretNinja. What did you mean when you said that you "sent the nose pieces inward". Did you mean that you just swapped the left and right nosepieces' position?

Welcome @Adonis

@SecretNinja. What did you mean when you said that you "sent the nose pieces inward". Did you mean that you just swapped the left and right nosepieces' position?
Autocorrect got the best of me on that one. The nose pieces actually do detach. But, since they are clipped to the Oluminum frame, they are actually adjustable if you gently bend them, to fit.

Back