• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Intro, Plus A Crosshair Vs Crosshair 2012 Question

Viktor

Oakley Beginner
UK
Hi all, I just signed up today so I'm new to the forum, but not new to Oakleys. My first pair was a pair of Blades maybe 20 or so years ago. (Wow, that makes me feel old!) Anyway I've been through a number of pairs over the years, but sadly I always sold some as I bought others. Until recently I had 3 pairs of Juliets, a pair of XX X-Metals, and a pair of years old Frogskins. The Frogskins and Juliets have now all gone (just fancied a change) and I recently picked up a pair of Crosshairs 2012 and a pair of Fives Squared for starters.

So quick question - apart from the design of the top of bridge and the air-filled nosepads, what are the differences between the 2012 Crosshairs and the previous version? Are the lenses different sizes, or are both versions the same?

Secondly, both these new pairs of mine (the Crosshairs and Fives Squared) came from shops on eBay, and are actually the first pairs I've ever bought from anywhere other than an Oakley store. Consequently I've suddenly become paranoid they might be fakes! Both came with the boxes and papers and I'm 99.9% sure they're fine, but I don't like taking a risk with my eyesight, so if I posts a few pics up, I assume you guys can advise on authenticity for me? Thanks all, and it's good to be here. :smile:

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll post up a few pics for checking purposes a little later on, although they won't be the best quality on account of my "camera" being my iPhone!

Anyone know the answer to my Crosshair vs Crosshair 2012 question though? Thanks.

Are you asking about the 2012 Crosshair and Crosshair 2.0 or the Original? None of the lenses are the same size. 2.0 was a very slim design. As for the originals the lens of the 2012 is much larger and more rounded off.

Are you asking about the 2012 Crosshair and Crosshair 2.0 or the Original? None of the lenses are the same size. 2.0 was a very slim design. As for the originals the lens of the 2012 is much larger and more rounded off.
Thanks, that's what I was after. I know the 2.0's are totally different but I didn't know about the 2012's compared to the originals. I assumed the lenses were the same, so thanks for setting me straight on that.

Latest Posts

Back