• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Intro with a question

@TNRedbeard I think that's what happened here. I'm going to copy and paste something I posted in another thread, I should've included it in an update post here, sorry.

Upon further examination of my Turbine Rotor DWP that I ordered from Amazon, they appear to be a return. They were pretty dusty when I took them out of the box and then I noticed a scratch on both sides of the frame. They appear legit but my guess is someone kept the real lense, slapped in a fake and returned it.

@Kingme I've been to my local store several times but as @mickeyblackeyes mentioned I was buying them based on appearance rather then performance, the reason being all the guides including Oakley's website mention a light transfer percentage between 7-20% so I assumed you get diminishing returns at a certain point.... I guess not, and the lighting in the store is dim.
Sounds like your assumptions are correct, DWP was pretty dark for me. I'm actually wearing Chrome Iridium Polarized today, love them.

What do you guys think, legit lense or no?

@TheStig
@TNRedbeard
@Kingme

PXL_20210811_012907799.PORTRAIT.jpg

Well I received the custom Turbines this morning and uhh... Yeah I'm going down the rabbit hole!!!

@TNRedbeard the DWP performs better than the Chrome at reducing glare 🤣

@Dbninc Thank you for that advice, looks like I'll be purchasing another pair or just lenses soon

Interesting discovery, if I put one lense on top of the other, I get the anti glare effect I'm looking for.... Guess I need black Prizm polarized.

Anyway I'll be keeping both pairs and adding more soon, thank you everyone for the help, I'll be checking in and I like the community here. 👍

@Kingme
@TheStig
@mickeyblackeyes
@Wewillsee1234

PXL_20210811_160504114.jpg

Well I received the custom Turbines this morning and uhh... Yeah I'm going down the rabbit hole!!!

@TNRedbeard the DWP performs better than the Chrome at reducing glare 🤣

@Dbninc Thank you for that advice, looks like I'll be purchasing another pair or just lenses soon

Interesting discovery, if I put one lense on top of the other, I get the anti glare effect I'm looking for.... Guess I need black Prizm polarized.

Anyway I'll be keeping both pairs and adding more soon, thank you everyone for the help, I'll be checking in and I like the community here. 👍

View attachment 890184
Awesome. Yeah my DWP is one of my darker ones. I’m wearing Grey Polarized today and it’s dark. Prizm Black is also nice.

Back