• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Intro

Shady Grady's

Oakley Beginner
I am new to the Oakley Forum today. I was looking for my Rootbeer Oakley Frogskin's that I purchased back in 1990 a few weeks ago but could not find them. I saw and ad somewhere advertising Frogskin's and was reflecting on the fact that I must have had a pair of the first generation Frogskin's when I bought them I believe back in 1990. Sadly since I could not find them after tearing up my house and spaces I frequently store things I decided to try to find a pair like the ones I had. I just purchased a pair of Rootbeer Frogskin's from someone on Ebay last week. They were in mint condition but not the first generation ones from the 80's to 90''s. I do like them and I purchased the fire iridium lenses that I remember having on my original pair back in the day. I have been wearing them every day since then. I now have decided that I like some of the other styles of Oakley sunglasses as well. So I am on a path of buying and reselling some Oakleys that I find locally to save up to purchase some that I am interested in. I don't know that I will be a serious collector but want to select a few styles that suit me and see where it goes! I came here and to another Oakley site to make sure I was armed with information to make sure I only purchase authentic Oakleys since there are a lot of fakes out there. That's my story!

Welcome aboard, here is the information for your Rootbeer Gen 1’s to help you get the right one

Hi my name is Stephan,
I am new here but a longtime Oakley Fan.
My First purchase in Vermont 1990 was a Frogskin (cleare Frame and blue Glasses) and a Frame to wear riding
bicycles. Please don't be mad if I do not remember the Model.
Way to radical for Germany at the time.
I remember the Store had an Oakley Frame in the showcase all messed up because someone shot it with a shotgun and no pellet went thru the Lens.
That was so cool and had me sold.
In between I had a pair of E-Wire.
Now I found a O3 Titanium with Spring Hinges in mint condition but without any Lenses.
My Shop is having issues fitting new lenses into them.
Call it the Luck of the Irisch.
Now I own an awesome Pair of Oakley's and can't wear them because my Optometrist can't drill 8 little holes.
Maybe one of you had a similar issue and has some advice.

Yours
Stephan the German.

Latest Posts

Back