• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introduce Yourself!

HI!, I'm new to the Oakley forum but have been collecting a little bit of everything for over 20 years. I've also pitched a lot of sunglasses along the way. I look forward to share, collect and meet all of you
Jennifer

Welcome to the community, Jennifer. Please stick around and contribute! :)

Hi everybody, the reason for my handle is an accusation with which I was tarred by a friend of mine the other day: "Are you an Oakley snob or something?" My reply: "Well, um, okay."

I bought a pair of Emerald Iridium FMJ Gunmetal Minute 1.0s in 2002, or maybe 2003. I love them. This past October, I finally broke them (Minute 1.0 disease -- the left temple snapped in two) while climbing a 14er here in Colorado. They were in pristine condition until then, and I wore them despite thinking they were out of style.

Imagine my surprise when I tried to get a left temple (I asked the Oakley folks, who responded, predictably, that they no longer have parts for ancient shades such as mine). Then I found a similar pair on an *ahem!* auction site online -- for twice what I had paid for mine. Collectability. Who knew?

I've bought a couple of used frames from that *ahem!* auction site, which I'm pretty sure are fakes (the color of the lenses and the frames aren't quite right, there's a middle structural "rib" inside the *ahem!* auctioned pair's temples -- not clearly visible in the posted photos, and the "O" is very slightly different ; nevertheless, until I find the real item the not-quite-matching-but-it'll-do-for-now replacement temple will keep them on my head.

So now I am setting out to collect Oakleys, just for fun. I am about to receive another vintage pair from the same era (but a different model) from my brother, who no longer wears sunglasses.

Long story, I know. Greetings to all. I hope to get to know some fellow Oakley snobs (it's still cheaper than collecting Maseratis), learn a lot, and have fun. Avanti!

Hi everybody, the reason for my handle is an accusation with which I was tarred by a friend of mine the other day: "Are you an Oakley snob or something?" My reply: "Well, um, okay."

I bought a pair of Emerald Iridium FMJ Gunmetal Minute 1.0s in 2002, or maybe 2003. I love them. This past October, I finally broke them (Minute 1.0 disease -- the left temple snapped in two) while climbing a 14er here in Colorado. They were in pristine condition until then, and I wore them despite thinking they were out of style.

Imagine my surprise when I tried to get a left temple (I asked the Oakley folks, who responded, predictably, that they no longer have parts for ancient shades such as mine). Then I found a similar pair on an *ahem!* auction site online -- for twice what I had paid for mine. Collectability. Who knew?

I've bought a couple of used frames from that *ahem!* auction site, which I'm pretty sure are fakes (the color of the lenses and the frames aren't quite right, there's a middle structural "rib" inside the *ahem!* auctioned pair's temples -- not clearly visible in the posted photos, and the "O" is very slightly different ; nevertheless, until I find the real item the not-quite-matching-but-it'll-do-for-now replacement temple will keep them on my head.

So now I am setting out to collect Oakleys, just for fun. I am about to receive another vintage pair from the same era (but a different model) from my brother, who no longer wears sunglasses.

Long story, I know. Greetings to all. I hope to get to know some fellow Oakley snobs (it's still cheaper than collecting Maseratis), learn a lot, and have fun. Avanti!
Welcome to the forum

eBay. I think it's pronounced eBay. :rofl:

You'll find some good stuff here once you meet the exchange requirements

Hey @OakleySnob, welcome to the community! Thanks for signing up, lots of like-minded folks in here...you're not the only one who's been called your moniker.

Be careful on the bay...lots of good pairs and parts in there that are legitimate; but plenty of fakes as you've discovered. Ask in here before you commit, someone can look them over for you and advise accordingly.

And as Frank said, once you earn exchange access, you can stack your models of choice to the ceiling!

:dance2:

Hey @OakleySnob, welcome to the community! Thanks for signing up, lots of like-minded folks in here...you're not the only one who's been called your moniker.

Be careful on the bay...lots of good pairs and parts in there that are legitimate; but plenty of fakes as you've discovered. Ask in here before you commit, someone can look them over for you and advise accordingly.

And as Frank said, once you earn exchange access, you can stack your models of choice to the ceiling!

:dance2:

Hi,

Here my first post to introduce myself. I live in Belgium. I use Oakley from the beginning of the '90. My sport to use is the Mountainbike and in these day's more the Enduro Races.

I have some old models who needs new lenses. Racing Jacket Pro, The good old M frame pro's and a Minute.

Hope to found new lenses hier on this forum.

Gr Epic

Hi,

Here my first post to introduce myself. I live in Belgium. I use Oakley from the beginning of the '90. My sport to use is the Mountainbike and in these day's more the Enduro Races.

I have some old models who needs new lenses. Racing Jacket Pro, The good old M frame pro's and a Minute.

Hope to found new lenses hier on this forum.

Gr Epic
Welcome to the forum

Back