• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introduce Yourself!

I'm Ian, from south of Ottawa Canada, winter in Sarasota Florida. Purchased a pr of oakly's many years ago not realizing they were so collectible. Sadly I left them on the plane this week. Bought another pr on Ebay, they look like brushed gold as opposed to my silver colored ones. Seller say they are gen1 plasma. I'm so new to this, am totally confused.

The reason for the colour difference could be due to a) first generation plasma was 'rougther' after the casting and the appearance was closer to an matte 'ivory'(meant bone) b) the later generations had smoother finishes(eliminating the pock-marked appearance of the first gens, but losing some 'soul' in the process)and therefore shinier. c) the x-metals are prone to corrosion when exposed to the elements which dulls the metal and creates a film of corrosion on the outside, which can be cleaned GENTLY to retain the correct look.

Last edited:
Hi all,
New here today. I wasn't always a fan of Oakley stuff, but I have a pair of Deviations that I love and will never give up (especially since they seem to be discontinued).
I used to wear Maui Jim's, some Polar Raybans, and even have an old REVO pair still banging around, but have found that Oakley seem to be the best going now. Especially with the lenses.
Anyways, happy to find this forum, and hello to all.
Welcome to the forum

I'm Ian, from south of Ottawa Canada, winter in Sarasota Florida. Purchased a pr of oakly's many years ago not realizing they were so collectible. Sadly I left them on the plane this week. Bought another pr on Ebay, they look like brushed gold as opposed to my silver colored ones. Seller say they are gen1 plasma. I'm so new to this, am totally confused.
Welcome to the forum

Ian welcome to the community. Hopefully some of our guys have already cleared up your questions about your frame color! ;)

Hi, from the UK here, I have to admit its been a while since I bought some Frogskins but lost one of my favourite pairs on holiday and would like to replace them, this has led me here. I'm looking for 24-317 Kostons (The Tortoise shell ones) and have noticed a couple of people with some for sale... Almost forgot I also have Jawbones and more recently Jawbreakers for cycling in my collection..Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, from the UK here, I have to admit its been a while since I bought some Frogskins but lost one of my favourite pairs on holiday and would like to replace them, this has led me here. I'm looking for 24-317 Kostons (The Tortoise shell ones) and have noticed a couple of people with some for sale... Almost forgot I also have Jawbones and more recently Jawbreakers for cycling in my collection..Thanks

Greetings, @Campy King.......first of all you NEED TO READ THIS...Forum Rules | Oakley Forum and this Exchange Guidelines | Oakley Forum

OK thanks, I read that before I posted, hope that's ok..

You're fine, buddy. @Funky-Trixtar just wants to make sure you're not here to offload some fakes or jack the forum members. One thing we all count on in here, especially the Exchange, is safety and authenticity. Those rules are in place to protect all our members, both buyers and sellers. Stick around and contribute, and when you have exchange access you'll be able to find what you're looking for with a little patience and time.

Welcome to the community!
;)

Back