• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introduce Yourself!

Hi, from the UK here, I have to admit its been a while since I bought some Frogskins but lost one of my favourite pairs on holiday and would like to replace them, this has led me here. I'm looking for 24-317 Kostons (The Tortoise shell ones) and have noticed a couple of people with some for sale... Almost forgot I also have Jawbones and more recently Jawbreakers for cycling in my collection..Thanks
Welcome to the forum

Much prefer the Jawbreakers tbh I haven't used the Jawbones at all since I got the Jawbreakers. Have the Cavendish ones with the PRIZM lenses and I have ridden all through a British winter with them. I like their capability in low light. Haven't had to remove them once due to fading light, however, rain, now that's a different story!!

Very cool @Campy King. That rain makes me switch to Persimmon or Clears. I'm okay leaving for a ride while it's pouring (cause I ain't gonna get wetter!) but I HATE getting caught out in it on the bike...I piss and moan the entire time once it starts.

Good choice of lenses, those Prizm are excellent.

I find they really catch a lot of water droplets in the rain (even with a cap under helmet) which Ive never noticed with other glasses (Oakley and other brands), I put it down to the larger surface area. Ued M Frames years ago and cannot remember them doing the same..

I find they really catch a lot of water droplets in the rain (even with a cap under helmet) which Ive never noticed with other glasses (Oakley and other brands), I put it down to the larger surface area. Ued M Frames years ago and cannot remember them doing the same..

Them catching sweat is my biggest issue...I only use "Old school" Radars for riding...I can't stand frames with a frame under the bottom of the orbital. Your old M Frames didn't have one...they shed water better, like Radars!

Hi this is Mike, been collecting Oakley glasses and Oakley watches for about 30 years and still have my first pair of blades from back then along side of my 30th anniversary pair. Nice to see other with the same obsession. Want to see how rare my newest acquisitions are. They are gold, silver and bronz Rio Olympic Frogskins and the lime green and white Jawbreaker the athletes wore. Wondering whT they are worth if selling them. I have never sold or traded any of the collection of over 200+ pairs.

Hi this is Mike, been collecting Oakley glasses and Oakley watches for about 30 years and still have my first pair of blades from back then along side of my 30th anniversary pair. Nice to see other with the same obsession. Want to see how rare my newest acquisitions are. They are gold, silver and bronz Rio Olympic Frogskins and the lime green and white Jawbreaker the athletes wore. Wondering whT they are worth if selling them. I have never sold or traded any of the collection of over 200+ pairs.

Mike - Good morning and welcome to the community. 200 Pair? Damn! Your present collection rivals many of our members in here who have been building for years, mine included! We would love to see pics of your collection if you can, we have a collections subsection for just that...I'm sure you have plenty of stuff that will make our eyes wide.

Stick around please, as a 30 year Oakley veteran, including watches, you have a lot to contribute!!

Back