• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introducing OakleyExchange.com

Not sure how I feel about the Exchange, especially if this means the regular forum will be nixed.

Side note, can our seller/buyer feedback that we've accumulated here be transferred over there?

Agreed with most of the things said here. On eBay you can wait for the no listing fee period and get a better deal than this provides. Love OF, not OE.

I'm on board with Ruspot. If the exchange forums are removed and I still have to pay a fee to sell, I'm going to go to eBay because at least i'll have a larger audience than here. I think one of the reasons people come here is to sell, like it or not, and if you take that away, people will just go elsewhere and then you'll have no one on either site.

I understand people come here to sell and I support it, thats why the exchange forums are going nowhere! But with so many people coming here to buy/sell it is hard to know who is trustworthy. OakleyExchange.com gives members a platform to perform exchanges with new members.

Side note, can our seller/buyer feedback that we've accumulated here be transferred over there?

As of right now, no.

Also the OE is just an addition to the OF. The OF is NOT CHANGING!

Not to rock the boat but if people stopped being so concerned about 'gifted' and just did regular payment with a description of the item would that not have rendered this whole thing unnecessary?

People who screw people will happen on OE just like it does anywhere else.

The last think anyone needs is another forum ontop of eBay, o-review, Facebook, Oakley Forum, Craigslist, etc.

The beauty of OF is that everything's together and it's a community. OE will not be that way in my opinion.

Just my opinion, but people have toe careful and buy from only trusted sellers or get assurances like paying properly with Paypal. When I was a new member I had to 'earn my stripes'. Part of that is luckily a couple members had dealt with me on the bay but I also did trades with trusted members in which they received my 1/2 of the trade before they sent theirs out. As a new member you need to expect to take your lumps.

I will be sticking to OF and dealing with the MANY great members on here. I know I can get 7% more for something of I list on eBay so the 3% commission on OE doesn't interest me.

This is a great forum. Lets keep it that way rather than creating another.

Thanks
Oakster

I think this is a great idea and making the exchange forum far more strict. I have felt the exchange forum has become out of hand with spammers only wanting to sell and not contribute. Maybe this will keep it down on the forum. I have no problem in the members of the past that are here to stay buy, sell, and trade, but the people that only want to make money or just dont care about oakley, just clutter the boards and have nothing to contribute.

just make stricter rules for the exchange area here rather than put up a new site to sell stuff. scammers will scam no matter what website it is whether free or paid. the exchange area here has to be the weakest as far as rules go in all forums that i'm a member of.

just my $0.02

I would like to see the exchanges revamped possibly. Move each of the 4 to a separate "Exchange" header, make an exchange mod to oversee that section, they can unilaterally enforce pics required, bump rules, keep threads on topic, one active post per member, etc.

And I don't know what abilities you have and tools you can use, but I've seen warning systems put in place in other forums that help track member behavior. Nothing visible to the general membership, but mods can see notes on members like "repeated early bumps" or "argumentative, name calling" and it will help establish how far one has gone before warnings, temporary bans or outright bans are administered.

I would like to see the exchanges revamped possibly. Move each of the 4 to a separate "Exchange" header, make an exchange mod to oversee that section, they can unilaterally enforce pics required, bump rules, keep threads on topic, one active post per member, etc.

And I don't know what abilities you have and tools you can use, but I've seen warning systems put in place in other forums that help track member behavior. Nothing visible to the general membership, but mods can see notes on members like "repeated early bumps" or "argumentative, name calling" and it will help establish how far one has gone before warnings, temporary bans or outright bans are administered.

I actually like this idea of combining all of them an making one mod over all of them. This is something I will bring up with the mods, when we talk about what to do with the exchange sections in regards to minimum requirements.

Latest Posts

Back