• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IPhone 4S

I could easily live without computer or tv..

I lived without a TV for nearly a year (I just moved in to a place on my own and the rent was so high I couldn't afford luxuries like a TV). To begin with, whenever I went round to friends houses, all I wanted to watch was the TV but, after a while you actually get used to it and it turns out it doesn't have any bad effects at all. In fact, I say it improved me, I read more and expanded my mind and my knowledge of culture, current affairs, and history increased, rather than watching a sports match or comedy which would be forgotten in a day anyway.

I also lived without a mobile phone for 2 years and again, not a problem at all. The only problem I found was that it was people who owned mobile phones who always turned up late to meetings. You'd arrange a time and a place to meet and they'd always be late and complain they couldn't contact me to let me know. As far as I can tell mobile phones have made us in to a bunch of tardy fools and nothing else. Before the mobile phone, everyone managed to get to places on time.

Very well put. i just see these people buying thousands of dollars in home theatre stuff(I live across from Best Buy) and don't reallly get how they can afford it and what they get out of it all...do people watch the same movie that many times?...large screen tv's just give me a large headache but I don't hold against someone if thats their thing..I have a friend that had almost 10,000 cd 's and 4, 000 dvd's and he went bankrupt and has sold 80% of them...I feel like the rush he got from the first night with his home theatre was short lived...I was there for the euphoria and the crash a while later

gold nokia 3395 was my first mobile phone. thing was nearly indestructible. i remember bouncing it off the floor like a basketball then making phone calls with it lmao. it would bounce as long as you dribbled it flush against the bottom hahaha

Latest Posts

Back