• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IPhone 5

Well, seeing as I have iTunes, I'm kind of tied to an iPhone I guess.

Not necessarily! All you do to transfer music to android is dump your music folder onto the SD card or internal memory of the phone.

Unless you buy music from the apple store... that fu**ing sucks.. their DRM protection makes it impossible to transfer music to any device that isn't apple! That's why I buy MP3's from Amazon (no DRM protection).

I'm glad they changed the connector. Its a huge relief that the connector is reversible and can be put in either direction. I hate how the current connector only plugs in one direction. I also like how small it is. This is one of my favorite upgrades on the 5. I could care less about any other accessories on the old connector since I don't have any, but a computer dock, which has become obsolete since wireless backup was implemented.

Unless you buy music from the apple store... that fu**ing sucks.. their DRM protection makes it impossible to transfer music to any device that isn't apple! That's why I buy MP3's from Amazon (no DRM protection).

iTunes music went DRM-free more than three years ago.

Was on the phone to a Vodafone rep today and was told I could upgrade but not to the iPhone 5, I was in a similar situation when I went from the 3GS to the 4 I was told I could upgrade but only to a Nokia. Hopefully can walk into a store and get a better response although I still have 6 months left on my contract. Can't wait to get the 5.

I personally avoided iPhones until last year. I had the old Windows based Samsung i730 which in all honesty was a killer phone in it's day, then waited for the new version i760 I believe but that windows mobile 6 sucked terribly. So from there I went to a BB Storm and really liked that phone. I rely on email on my device and if BB does one thing right, it's email. They have managed to do nothing else right for the last 3+ years though. I tried the original Droid on Verizon and HATED it!!! Email never came through without pulling the battery, it crashed all the time, and just ate batteries like pac-man to pellets!! So BB Storm 2 it was, and it was mediocre at best. Then comes the droid pro early last year. My then fiancee had to have it, although I warned of past issues. Got em and same thing. 2 months later, enter iPhone 4 into my life. By far it is easier and more efficient at doing things. It doesn't push email as fast as it should, but it just works.

Now, bring on jailbreak. That really makes the phone worth having. The hinderance of the i5 is when an untethered jailbreak will be available. Plug isn't a huge issue because so much is done via wifi or bluetooth now anyway. Hopefully they can get the email push diale in better. I will more than likely be switching carries though.

Back