• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Iridium Lens Cleaning Question

CCrunner

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum and i have a question on how to clean iridium lenses. I recently bought the Straight Jackets for running. So i was wondering how to clean the oil/sweat off of the lens without damaging them. I know about the Oakley cleaning kit, but i want to see if there is any other ways, such as soap and water. Thanks.

CCrunner said:
Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum and i have a question on how to clean iridium lenses. I recently bought the Straight Jackets for running. So i was wondering how to clean the oil/sweat off of the lens without damaging them. I know about the Oakley cleaning kit, but i want to see if there is any other ways, such as soap and water. Thanks.

There's a thread stuck to the top of this section that covers lens cleaning

Thanks guys. I guess i was too stupid to see that other thread. I have another question that i didnt see in the thread. Will popping the lenses in and out wear down the o matter so it will no longer hold the lenses properly?

Thanks guys. I guess i was too stupid to see that other thread. I have another question that i didnt see in the thread. Will popping the lenses in and out wear down the o matter so it will no longer hold the lenses properly?

Shouldn't do. You should not need to remove the lens that often to cause it to. The O matter is very flexible now a days.

Back