• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Iridium Talk

Yo Flawch!

Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NJ, USA
I wanted to make a thread to talk about all different Iridium coatings. While I know haters are gonna hate, I mean this to be a positive thread, not for complaining or bashing. The main impetus for the creation of this discussion was sparked by my fascination for the subtle differences in color, ranging from 24kt all the way through +Red. In that "group" I view the finishes in this order, 24kt, Fire, Ruby (lighter, sometimes called "Fruby"), Ruby (darker, I will illustrate), Torch, and +Red. Maybe you don't even agree with that progression? To positively contribute to this thread, post some pics comparing different Iridium finishes, along with what you like and don't like about the examples you're illustrating. BUT AGAIN, try to keep the general tone of this discussion positive, because let's face it, Iridium is likely the most awesome lens coating in existence.

Here are a couple examples. First I have Fire, Ruby, and Torch, from bottom to top (excluding the Jade at the top).

triggerman3small.jpg

In this pic, I caught 24kt (R1), then Fire (XS), then "Fruby" (Juliet), with a darker Ruby at the bottom (Madman).

xmetal24ktFireRubysmall.jpg

I'm interested to see what Iridiums you'd like to feature and compare. Show me what'cha got!

Post some pics of your favorite Iridiums, and even better, multiple examples to show what you like most and why.

@cacatman might want to show off. Or maybe @Nucchem @zcrxsi @docrusty @Jon the Don @Beardo0628

Despite my best efforts this doesn't capture the beauty of these lenses....

Top to bottom: (my favorite is 24k Iridium)
XX Twenty Emerald Frame with Gold Iridium Lenses
XX Twenty Midnight Blue Frame with 24k Iridium Lenses
XX Twenty Matte Black Frame with Fire Iridium Lenses
XX Twenty Polished Black Frame with Ruby Iridium Lenses
IMG_4729.JPG
IMG_4730.JPG
IMG_4727.JPG

Oh shizzle. Look who got loose again. Gotta do something about that. Keeps sneaking up on me.

@cacatman might want to show off. Or maybe @Nucchem @zcrxsi @docrusty @Jon the Don @Beardo0628

Despite my best efforts this doesn't capture the beauty of these lenses....

Top to bottom: (my favorite is 24k Iridium)
XX Twenty Emerald Frame with Gold Iridium Lenses
XX Twenty Midnight Blue Frame with 24k Iridium Lenses
XX Twenty Matte Black Frame with Fire Iridium Lenses
XX Twenty Polished Black Frame with Ruby Iridium Lenses
View attachment 860115View attachment 860116View attachment 860114
Oh shizzle. Look who got loose again. Gotta do something about that. Keeps sneaking up on me.
Those pics are great... I see the finishes very clearly. Thanks for posting! In addition to the guys you mentioned, I know @Chet Manley, @Lopaka KaMars, @qtrain23, and @MatSteelersFan are a few more guys who have plenty of nice pics to share!

Last edited:
My favorite iridium is all black Lenses: black iridium polarized, VR28 Black iridium polarized, OO black iridium polarized, prizm black polarized, prizm road black are all awesome!

Back