• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Iridium Talk

Thanks for the tag Matt. My favorite iridium is probably Ruby. I have a few rubies that show slight differences.

View attachment 860214View attachment 860215View attachment 860216View attachment 860218View attachment 860219

I also really like old school fire, compared new.

View attachment 860221View attachment 860222

Another cool one is new and old +Red

View attachment 860223View attachment 860224
Thanks for posting all of those pics Matt! I wanted to comment on a couple. That first XS Ruby almost looks like Torch. Then the XX and Aero Grid Sky looks like Ruby I'm accustomed to. The OTT Fire and Madman Fire are pretty close, but the OTT old-school Fire does look darker, like "Fruby" of today. Finally, I wanted to say that I love the +Red, but don't have any glasses with them, unfortunately (and I have a lot of glasses lol).

My favorite iridium is all black Lenses: black iridium polarized, VR28 Black iridium polarized, OO black iridium polarized, prizm black polarized, prizm road black are all awesome!
I'm a fan of Black Iridium as well. I have several pairs of BIPP, and plain BI. My wife's favorite pair of Unstoppable has VR28 BI, which is hard to replace now.

Thanks for posting all of those pics Matt! I wanted to comment on a couple. That first XS Ruby almost looks like Torch. Then the XX and Aero Grid Sky looks like Ruby I'm accustomed to. The OTT Fire and Madman Fire are pretty close, but the OTT old-school Fire does look darker, like "Fruby" of today. Finally, I wanted to say that I love the +Red, but don't have any glasses with them, unfortunately (and I have a lot of glasses lol).
Yea I didn’t picture the OTT lenses very well lol. There is a lot more red in them looking at them head on.

My favorite lenses over the years has prbably been Titanium Iridium. Just something about the way they shade the light, the contrast, etc.

Second favorite is probably Emerald/Jade Iridium. (same thing??)

Back