• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Iridium Talk

Agreed.
All the Bronze based lenses give a bright contrast, which I find kinda soothing. Titanium seems to have the densest iridium mirror.
:smoke:
I forgot about titanium iridium! Is it basically a black iridium mirror over a bronze/tungsten lens, but it looks like a dark dark brown lens?

I forgot about titanium iridium! Is it basically a black iridium mirror over a bronze/tungsten lens, but it looks like a dark dark brown lens?
20171031_185457_image.jpg

Dark brown looking at, strong mirror, bronze looking out.

@MatSteelersFan re:+Red
The Jordans appear to be original OO Red iridium as opposed to +Red?
Beautiful plumage, with deep red wine hues.
:drinks:
I lean toward OO Red iridium polarized, as I prefer the G40 base, to the Greys of the other two.
…and I need to take pics.
I originally thought the same brother, but after looking at o-review I think I have this pair, at least the picture looks the same as mine. Unfortunately there’s no SKU on the frame or box that I can see so I can’t confirm:(. OO Black Powder / +Red Iridium

Plus looking through them both they look the same base tint as +Red. I’ve never owned a pair of OO Red Iridium, do they have the same base tint as +Red?

I love how they etch titanium right into the lens. I have always thought of it as a blackish-brown lens. Another great lens that was killed in favor of prizm.
Absolutely love TI. I have it on the Romeo 2.0 and as an accessory lense for my old Half Jacket FMJ 5.56. It makes colors pop so much with a beautiful, silvery mirror with that extra bonus of having Titanium etched on the lens. I love Prizm but I do wish they would stick with some of the beloved older Iridium lenses.

I believe that entry:
May be in error re: lens tint.
OO Red iridium, as used on the Jordans, is very different from +Red…
This entry seems more accurate.
I love how they etch titanium right into the lens.

For the record, any etching is a blemish on my optics.
Why do we need to advertise a lens tint in our field of vision?
I think Oakley belatedly realized how dumb it was, as, to my knowledge, “TITANIUM” was the only tint so vandalized.
See also “O-LUMINUM”. :crazy:

I'm probably definitely in the minority but while I do love the way many of iridium lenses look from the outside...I do enjoy the prizm lenses I have tried as far as a viewer/contrast perspective. I also don't own any of the early rubys though or some of the other awesome rarer lenses posted in this thread. Have tried Prizm DWP, Daily, Sapphire, Ruby, Tungsten, and I think road(seller said +red, but they have a rose tint) so far. I hope they come out with a true blue prizm lens of some sort. I want to do Prism black and 24k in xmetals soon.

Back