• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

is Fire Iridium supposed to look like this?

yanki01

Oakley Beginner
I just got these in the mail and I have never seen this much reflection INSIDE the lens. I have about 5 other polarized lens and none of them have this type of reflection from the inside. Mid-day with the sun right above you, i can see my eyes reflecting. it has just about the same of what looks like iridium coating on the inside than the outside. Ruby, Jade, Sapphire, Voilet, OO Red - neither of them look like this.

does your fire iridium polarized look like this?

IMG_8225.jpg

I just got these in the mail and I have never seen this much reflection INSIDE the lens. I have about 5 other polarized lens and none of them have this type of reflection from the inside. Mid-day with the sun right above you, i can see my eyes reflecting. it has just about the same of what looks like iridium coating on the inside than the outside. Ruby, Jade, Sapphire, Voilet, OO Red - neither of them look like this.

does your fire iridium polarized look like this?

View attachment 323535
Yep. That's Fire for ya. Pretty to look at but I hate wearing them.

Fire looks like that.

FIP works best with frames that let very little light in on the sides. Never been a favorite of mine, but I have a couple that I use at times. It works ok with snow in bright light..

My FIP are a quite reflective when you look at the interior of them depending on the angle, it doesn't however affect me when I am wearing them.

Back