• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is Hugh Jackman wearing Oakley's in X-Men?

• Thread starter Kashton
  • Start date
K

Kashton

Wondering if Hugh Jackman is wearing Oakley Sunglasses in x-men days of future past?? Anyone know?

Thanks

DC

At first glance (just saw the movie today) I thought they looked like crosshairs... Maybe a crosshair S ... But since my experience with em is very limited and there aren't any logo on em to confirm ... I cannot confirm not deny

But I definitely feel where you're comming from and its not a stretch either considering the Xmen's history with Oakley's...

They could be modified Crosshairs because ***SPOILER***

(Last chance to look away)

...there weren't many Oakley around in the early to mid seventies ... They coulda taken a frame and removed somehow ( maybe even digitally ) to make it fit the time frame and look awesome at the same time.

At first glance (just saw the movie today) I thought they looked like crosshairs... Maybe a crosshair S ... But since my experience with em is very limited and there aren't any logo on em to confirm ... I cannot confirm not deny

But I definitely feel where you're comming from and its not a stretch either considering the Xmen's history with Oakley's...

...there weren't many Oakley around in the early to mid seventies ... They coulda taken a frame and removed somehow ( maybe even digitally ) to make it fit the time frame and look awesome at the same time.

I thought they looked awesome and I would definitely sport them today. Love that 70s look. Great movie too!! They did a good job on this one. Your right they did look crosshairish to me too.

Just an FYI, there were no Oakleys in the seventies (just grips and goggles). The first one was the Eyeshade in 1984.

I thought I heard someone say that they were Oliver Peoples Sanford but I'm not sure.
I was watching pretty closely when I saw the movie -- they look similar to the original Crosshairs but I'm pretty sure they're not because the temple/stem design looked different from any crosshair I've seen.

Back