• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is it a Oakley Radarlock Sochi Neon Green XL?

I´ve purchased this pair knowing that it could be a Sochi´s one. But now it makes me wonder. Were they given only to the athletes at Sochi o could somebody have bought them somewhere else?.

I mean, I have now the Mframe and Radarlock xl from Sochi... and I am not sure if the sellers were at the olympics...

I don´t know if you get my point... How can I distinguish a Sochi´s pair from a "custom" neon green one?

View attachment 868511

These were an athlete issue colorway, so only athletes got them! Those look exactly like the Sochi Radarlock I had about 6 months ago, a good giveaway is whether or not the lenses have the "Oakley" text in the center of the lens as mine did not, and I've read they didn't on other safehouse pairs.

I also have an M frame custom painted to the sochi green color. While the custom painter was able to perfectly match the color, I noticed the additional paint on the frame makes them "thicker" so the lenses don't swap out easily at all like my other M Frames.

Also, I do have an extremely rare "Lime" Athlete issue pro M Frame similar to the sochi in color, and noticed that the paint is very very thin is some places as I've seen with other athlete issue editions.

To me, yours look good. It's always tough to tell from just 1 pic though!

Just some thoughts, take it or leave it!
Hi, what would you say about these ones? Do you know if M Frames were produced for Sochi or these are repainted?

mf.jpg

Back