• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is it genuine.. Romeo 1 frame (Video)

interesting. From what I gather Chrome plating won't make something magnetic, so the base metal is magnetic, which makes it fake. But that is a VERY VERY good copy! the text looks suspect but I have seen text look "off" due to polishing/coating but not that off. it seems like a 1:1 copy, curious now if it rusts.

If an expert has doubts then I'd be going along with him and calling fake🤣 I've heard of people taking fake frames and customise them to remove the common identifiers of genuine stuff. This one just doesn't look right to me

Looks like there are new improved fakes out there. I am not surprised considering how much real ones sell for now, the fakes will get better as they try to cash in on scamming people. Just like in the watch industry with the super clones of fake Rolex’s, Omega’s etc.

Looks like there are new improved fakes out there. I am not surprised considering how much real ones sell for now, the fakes will get better as they try to cash in on scamming people. Just like in the watch industry with the super clones of fake Rolex’s, Omega’s etc.
This is what I feared.
2020, with more people at home, online, the collector market boomed. That, with the Jordan doc, increased demand and prices. Now they're unrealistically high, and scammers will find alternatives to cash in, diluting the trust in the market.

Yes, these are my suspect frames. I sent them off to XM Workshop in Sydney for his expert opinion. Ron has been around for many years and knows his stuff. Still, it's not enough proof for the seller. Maybe this video will change his mind.

@fredam2008 what you sold me is clearly not right. It's not plated, and not even chrome like you claimed. It's also very likely the frame is fake. So, man up, do the right thing, and give me my money back.

Back