• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is it genuine.. Romeo 1 frame (Video)

Question is. Did you get the refund for the Romeo?

Also. I will state my own opinion. Take it as you would like. But I’m putting myself in his shoes.

Do I think he’s a complete POS, yes.

Returning an item 5 months later is no excuse . I blame that on you. Don’t care what your excuses are.

In fact, I hate that PayPal has this policy. For example, If I sold a watch 5 months ago and someone claims it needs servicing right before they are unable to dispute it. I’d tell them to go fu5k themselves.

I realize what he sold you was poor service and misinformation. But you are not completely innocent. You have to act in a timeline that shows you fulfilled your responsibilities to check your merchandise.

Like I said. I figured you wouldn’t appreciate my feedback, but it would be how I would of handled this not knowing you.

Since we are forum members here and we’re both respected members I’d honor your request. Albeit not a happy one.

Im sure other members would agree with me here. Maybe not.

Yes, I got a refund for the Romeo. Do I claim complete innocence in how I dealt with it? No.

Did I wait too long? Yes. I should have raised is straight away. However, knowing his attitude, I doubt he would have cared, but that's not the point.

Did I reach out to Fred before doing so to give him a chance to make it right? Yes. He didn't want to. Fair enough, that's his choice. So I decided to contest it.

I can see both sides, of course. If it was me I'd do the same. But also, I would know if it was suspect. I imagine he also knew.

Also, if it's authentic like he suggests, then why not accept it back? Also, if it was $50 or $100 outstanding I'd cut my losses and be done with it. But it's a $500 which is fair chunk of change.

Yes, I got a refund for the Romeo. Do I claim complete innocence in how I dealt with it? No.

Did I wait too long? Yes. I should have raised is straight away. However, knowing his attitude, I doubt he would have cared, but that's not the point.

Did I reach out to Fred before doing so to give him a chance to make it right? Yes. He didn't want to. Fair enough, that's his choice. So I decided to contest it.

I can see both sides, of course. If it was me I'd do the same. But also, I would know if it was suspect. I imagine he also knew.

Also, if it's authentic like he suggests, then why not accept it back? Also, if it was $50 or $100 outstanding I'd cut my losses and be done with it. But it's a $500 which is fair chunk of change.
For sure. I agree man. I think he’s a massive dirt bag

I’m not contending that. I couldn’t get myself to do any business with him. I got super bad vibes. And usually that means no way no how will I do any business with such an individual.

I get that y’all are both somewhat local in terms of country. So doing some business with the dude made sense from a financial standpoint.

I’d know, if this were an ebay buyer. I’d tell them to stick it where the sun don’t shine.

I hear you're points and I don't think you're wrong. And, I know this also reflects poorly on me.

I just think it's funny that he has absolutely no desire to accept the findings, or even try to make it right. He even went so far as claim there was damage to the frame so he could get out of paying the refund.

I suppose it's easy for to say if the shoe was on the other foot and all. But honestly, I couldn't bring myself to sell them in good faith because I believe they were flawed, and potentially not authentic. That would reflect badly on me. We only have one reputation. Sure, I know some folks may not want to deal with me in the future and I accept that.

I just find it funny he's blaming me for ruining his reputation here. Plenty of people didn't want to deal with him before I posted.

end of the day I was basically stuck with a suspect pair of $1200 sunglasses that were no good to anyone., including me.

I hear you're points and I don't think you're wrong. And, I know this also reflects poorly on me.

I just think it's funny that he has absolutely no desire to accept the findings, or even try to make it right. He even went so far as claim there was damage to the frame so he could get out of paying the refund.

I suppose it's easy for to say if the shoe was on the other foot and all. But honestly, I couldn't bring myself to sell them in good faith because I believe they were flawed, and potentially not authentic. That would reflect badly on me. We only have one reputation. Sure, I know some folks may not want to deal with me in the future and I accept that.

I just find it funny he's blaming me for ruining his reputation here. Plenty of people didn't want to deal with him before I posted.

end of the day I was basically stuck with a suspect pair of $1200 sunglasses that were no good to anyone., including me.
His actions show the type of guy he is. I’m sure he’s miffed and doesn’t want to lose $$ either. I get it, he was sold trash and now knowingly passing it along.

I don't believe it will damage your reputation bud, I for one would not hesitate to do Business with you, Geographical location relative to me, Notwithstanding!

The guy was a Fraudulent Braggard, Nothing more, Nothing less. Just a opportunist Bandwagon jumper on who built up his dubious collection by Ripping people off. Won't be the first on here, Or the last as I can personally attest to!

Yeah that's not going to happen. He claims he chose to refund me. If that was the case he would have right away. It's funny he's blaming me for ruining this name. He did that himself.
Question for you @Tavers . Can I get more info on the XX? Does pair have serial numbers? Not sure if you posted something like this already. But I'd like the opportunity to report this guy for trying to sell stolen property if I see that particular XX pop up on a sales site.