• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is it OK to post a "what's it worth" thread?

Ross

Oakley Beginner
Sunny Hawaii
I want to make sure that I don't violate any rules (written or unwritten) since I haven't seen any threads like this, even though I figured there would be some.

Anyhow, this is the situation; if it's OK to proceed, I'll upload some pics: I bought a pair of Juliets with Ruby lenses a couple of years back, never wore them and finally came to the conclusion that I probably never will. I've been wearing Oakleys for 20+ years but usually stick to the cheaper models (I currently rotate between two Flak Jackets) and haven't paid attention to what is collectible and what is not.

I thought I had a handle on the value of my glasses, they have what I believe are referred to as "fruby" lenses, but then I see what I think are plain old Ruby Juliets like mine going for $500+ on Ebay. I'm not looking to make a killing, but I don't have so much money that I can afford to leave too much on the table either.

Please let me know if it's OK to upload some pics and solicit the membership's advice; otherwise, please delete this thread with my apologies. Thanks.

Sure thing man. There's actually a thread for this purpose in the general sunglasses discussion section, but if you can't find that, put em here

You can go ahead and post for sure. However, please keep in mind that 'worth' is an individual thing, one mans trash is another man treasure.

Thanks, I appreciate the responses and the opportunity. I've spent 10 years on the various knife and watch forums and I try to help out the newbs if possible, so I know that it can sometimes seem annoying when people ask questions for which the answers may be readily available, but not always easy for the new guy to find. Anyhow, here are a couple of pics, thanks in advance for your input.

juliet07.jpg

juliet08.jpg

juliet09.jpg

Judging by the new style box/coin plus the 24-125 sku leads me to believe that these are not a serialized pair. These go for $350 USD at the Oakley website.

EDIT: mopiko beat me to it