• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is It Okay To Frequently Change Holbrook Lenses?

Sven

Oakley Beginner
I have Holbrooks with a scratched Warm Grey lens. I ordered the non-polarized Warm Grey lenses again for everyday use. I was thinking of also ordering the Emerald Iridium Polarized lenses for when I'll be near the ocean...on boats, fishing etc.

Is it okay for the lenses and frame to be changed out [lets say] once or twice a month?

Sure no problem even more times in a month.Shield lenses are more likely to get "hurt" in every swap.

Don't worry about it, Change away!!!!! I man handle my Holbrook LX cause there alot more work to snap the lenes back in , Im kind of polarized junkie alway switching all my lenes to polarized..

But regular holbrook are super easy to change. It take very little effort to switch the holbrook lenes. So I highly doubt you'll mess anything up.

"Easy to change" and "should be changed" are two totally different things. You shouldn't be changing lenses very often, if at all. That's why Radarlock and Switchlock tech is popular because of the ease. It puts stress on the frame and orbitals over and over and you run the risk of damaging lenses (chips, scrapes, scratches, etc).

Secondly, acetate is much stiffer a material and will crack much easier than O-Matter. It may be hairline, but it can crack and develop into a damaged frame.

Back