• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is It Possible To Buy Custom Oakley Glasses From The Store And Build It Yourself?

Shaun

Oakley Enthusiast
Hello All,

I've always wondered if you can go to the Oakley store and buy custom made Oakley's, but instead of the employees build it for you, can you take the parts home and set it up yourself. Because I was thinking if it is possible to paint and clear coat the frame like Purple Chameleon color since Oakley doesn't have that type of color on the market due to the high costs? Or will it violate Oakley's policy?

Even if they say no cant you take it apart and do what you want then put them back together?
Maybe even ask them if you can just buy the parts and not put them together.

When you buy a custom pair, they give you all the boxes and individual bags and UPC's to scan at the register. I don't see why you couldn't tell them you want the pieces in their box, post inspection, and not assembled as a frame. Some frames come assembled and just have lenses to pop in or rubber to install, so you'd have to do your own disassembly.

they are not supposed to let them leave the store unassembled. I guess it depends on the associate though

Have all the O Stores gotten in-store-OCP? I mean the "real," chose your own icons and socks, OCP like the web site. I haven't checked in a few weeks, but last I heard my local store didn't have it yet.

Not all stores have full ocp like online. As far as I know, only 10 o stores are able to do full ocp like online.

Well I guess, If I buy the custom fuel cell, I'll tell them to leave the lenses out and put in black O's on Black matte frame. Then I'll paint the whole Frame with the O's chameleon color or Solid gold. If it's Chameleon color it needs violet iridium lens, if it's Gold, it has to be Black or Chrome Iridium. I won't forget that everytime you paint especially frames, you also need to coat it a few times and then after it dries, you need to put a clear coat to protect the paint. When I get around to this project, I'll make sure to post a photo once it's completed! Thanks guys for your responses!

Not all stores have full ocp like online. As far as I know, only 10 o stores are able to do full ocp like online.
Yup. My local store can't do it yet, but it is coming soon (someone from corporate came and took measurements in store for some sort of new OCP display they're sending over). I know the Market St. store in San Francisco has the full program now.

Pretty sure i've done this before. Im pretty particular about these things, just make sure you check over ALL the pieces before you leave the store.

Latest Posts

Back