• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is Koala Kleaner safe to use?

So just to follow up on this for anyone who might be curious... I ordered the Koala cleaning spray with cloths and a few extra cloths. Tonight I gave it a try on my daily Rx pairs. I use Zeiss premoistened wipes usually and didnt use the Koala cloth tonight. I sprayed the koala cleaner on the lenses and opened a Zeiss wipe. I waited until the wipe was nearly dried out before using it to clean the lenses with the Koala cleaner. Holy Flipping $#!+ there was NO streaking. Dried completely clear. Usually I can at least see some rainbow colored swirls or something where the cleaner dries but not with this stuff. I cleaned 3 pairs of glasses and 2 cell phones with 2 disposable wipes using the Koala cleaner. No remaining oil on the phones and the oil and fingerprints came right off, no smudges at all with just a quick wipe! A limited test for sure, but it says alcohol and ammonia free and that it is designed for all types on lenses, especially coated lenses. Color me impressed for now... This stuff is legit! Let's see how it holds up over time and repeated uses. I'll try it on sunglass lenses next.

So just to follow up on this for anyone who might be curious... I ordered the Koala cleaning spray with cloths and a few extra cloths. Tonight I gave it a try on my daily Rx pairs. I use Zeiss premoistened wipes usually and didnt use the Koala cloth tonight. I sprayed the koala cleaner on the lenses and opened a Zeiss wipe. I waited until the wipe was nearly dried out before using it to clean the lenses with the Koala cleaner. Holy Flipping $#!+ there was NO streaking. Dried completely clear. Usually I can at least see some rainbow colored swirls or something where the cleaner dries but not with this stuff. I cleaned 3 pairs of glasses and 2 cell phones with 2 disposable wipes using the Koala cleaner. No remaining oil on the phones and the oil and fingerprints came right off, no smudges at all with just a quick wipe! A limited test for sure, but it says alcohol and ammonia free and that it is designed for all types on lenses, especially coated lenses. Color me impressed for now... This stuff is legit! Let's see how it holds up over time and repeated uses. I'll try it on sunglass lenses next.
Thanks, I might order some now.

So i purchased some koala cleaner. It claims to be alcohol and ammonia free, and it may be, but it smells a lot like windex! Anyone else think so?
Makes me think that maybe they share the same ingredients.

Latest Posts

Back