• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is Madman for me?

Personally, madman is more for displaying purposes... Like the OTT. Not really a pair to wear out. If you have the funds go for it, but if your planning on getting just a wearable frame and want a higer end one i would go with badman. Similar to madman, looks good just wearing it out, but unique enough that it still stands out.
Madman is just to bizzar to wear out, unless tour having a "i just dont care" day.

I have OTT, Mars, Madman, and Tailend. And I wear them all proudly.

Looks aside, OTT is the least practical because it's hard to wear a hat with them and you don't really have a place to put them when you go inside, like you could move a normal pair to the top of your head.

Mars are great but they can be too tight for many people. Also, while driving in them, there's a chunk of frame that blocks peripheral vision when I'm trying to check my blindspot.

Madman are radical and I love wearing them. But their coverage is the most lacking of the bunch.

Tailend has been great - they have the biggest lenses of the bunch and are extremely lightweight. I can see a little gap in coverage on the outside peripherals, but not enough to bother me. In fact, it makes checking my blindspot very easy. They are also by far the most affordable of the bunch. However, the only polar option is Daily Prizm and colorways are otherwise limited. Also, the method to remove the lenses is not obvious; this may be a problem down the road.

I guess i am just less secure then you ;) lol! I wear the ott ocasionally but when i put them on my wife threatens divorce...

When I wear mine, The Wife says, "you're wearing the OTT again, huh?"

It might be the only pair who's name she remembers...
I actually agree with thay, whenever is ay something is "over the top" my wife goes, "well naturally you love it then hu?" I doubt she could name any other pairs.

Looks aside, OTT is the least practical because it's hard to wear a hat with them and you don't really have a place to put them when you go inside, like you could move a normal pair to the top of your head.

That reminds me, someone needs to cut transitions for an OTT.

i have a wide face and they look hideous on me. badman looks so much better on a wide face. madman on a slender face definitely cool.

I think the first thing you should try is going to an O-Store and wear them, see if it fits. If you feel comfortable, great, go for it.
Regarding the Mars, it's an amazing pair but you should be able to try them also, they have a different feel from the MadMan. And the price is not so different from the MadMan either, very expensive given that it's now a collectible.

Back