• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is Over The Top A Must For A Collector?

Firstly only one person could possibly have every different OTT since there was just one of each of the Gold, Silver, and Bronze Beyond Reason pairs. A collector could aim for all six official releases which would act as a complete set, or look for something to have just an example or so of the model. Surely it is the most outrageous sunglass ever made in human history! I think a collection should boast at least one pair so you can have it represented, and in this respect I have two, the FMJ+ - Emerald, and the Flat Black - Ruby Blade II.

This was my dilemma. At one time I had one pair of FMJ+ with Fire Iridium then a crazy deal popped up on a local Craigslist ad for $100 in the same colorway. I couldn't pass up that deal and for the longest time I just had them sitting around doing nothing but collecting dust. I wore the original pair maybe once a month, sometimes not at all. Of course this goes against my No Shelf Whores policy so they had to go.

I might be on the lookout for another one day, but I'd have to promise myself that I'd wear it and actually take it seriously. Which of course means wearing the most ridiculous glasses of all time in public.

Frank's collection is sealed in an air tight, low temperature room. Rumor has it that there is also a security guard that stands on duty when Frank is away from home. There is also a retina scanner outside the doors so only he is allowed inside.

Nope. But I'd imagine he's the only one who has every factory ott made on the planet. Assuming he has the others

IMHO, if your curiosity is getting the better of you, then find one at a decent price and buy it. Once you have it you will know whether or not its for you. If you find you don't like it, you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting rid of them.

I like to wear 99% of the pairs I own, bar the few rarities I have or had. I never wore my OTT outside, so eventually it just became a dust collector. I think that if I had a display to put them in back then, I may have kept them longer...but eventually, they still would've been let go.

At this point, if I ever were to look for another, it would definitely be a rarer piece such as the Blade release.

Back