• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is the neXt-metal line dead?

i bought a bnib madman from my local sunglass hut for under £80...

Definitely their price point is a bust. I can't believe they're still listing them for $400 - $500.

I had expected a new model to come out by the end of last year, which didn't happen.

I notice they no longer appear to be trying to call them "x-metal"; they're categorized on the website under Wires and the descriptions only say they were "inspired by the attitude" of their "famed" x-metal collection...

So I'd guess they either abandoned the idea of a "relaunched" x-metal or went back to the drawing board. Time will tell...

I wonder if anybody in marketing got fired for that one?
They've always been categorized as wires. I reported that months ago ;)

Oakley should treat the metalloids like one of those limited release things like the storefronts.

They've always been categorized as wires. I reported that months ago ;)

Oakley should treat the metalloids like one of those limited release things like the storefronts.

Yeah, they've been like that for a long time, but there were once also pages grouping them and describing them as x-metals... can't find those anymore.

I love the badman. Great frame. The shift looks awesome but i assume the price point will be absolutly insane. The ferrari was msrp at 2K? Non ferrari at 1500? For a non serialized and without an epic display, that will fall on its face.
They need to bring the original back.

My comment was more directed at the sf16. I mispoke when i said carbon shift. The carbon shift though doesnt seem a whole lot different then the carbon blade. At least the stems dont...
All that said. If x metal is truly dead (RIP). The. The new carbon frames need a destinctibe line name. Like x metal. Except maybe, carbon x frames. Or something like that. But they cant release 900 different frames and call them this. Need to settles on like 10 frames. And once in a while (like a great while) do some soecial colorway or something. Or serialize a special release. Then they have a new elite line of well defined and exclusive shades.

Latest Posts

Back