• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is The Oakley Plate 24k Iridium Rare?

Jummeltje

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
i'm in the position i can buy a pair of Oakley plate 24k iridium. Pristine condition. For 110 usd.
Is this a good deal? I cannot find out if it's a rare (and because of that expensive) Oakley?

I don't know how rare they are, but they do come up on eBay still. More importantly they are a piece of Oakley history. The price isn't bad, I believe the 24K is more sought after by collectors. MSRP was $185.

That is a good price, id buy it if i could but its not really all that rare, it was a general release that was mass produced. They are becoming more difficult to find because they were sold from 2003-2006. Rare means few were made, which isnt the case. If u can get it and are willing to part with it, pm me.

That colorway is also the most sought after.

@all: Thanks for the reactions, i think i'm gonna buy them, maybe for myself, maybe to part with one of you guys :)

Plates were one of the iconic designs ahead of its time, aggressive styling as compared to the models these days.

Definitely a good catch!!

i love my Plates. those are dope!! it´s a bit hard to change the lenses but it´s an awesome design and one of my favourite Oakley´s ever!!
this is a really good deal for a pair! take the offer it and you will be happy!!!

Latest Posts

Back